Option to "Load as Active MSFS flightplan" disappeared?

After updating my in-game charts panel to the latest release, I was surprised to no longer find the option to “Load as Active MSFS flightplan”, as I had it available before. I realize that the option was buggy, and it didn’t always work. But it did work sometimes, and it was helpful to be able to load the flightplan into MSFS ATC (when it worked!) without having to leave the flight, and having to start it all over again. But now that option isn’t there anymore… Or at least, I can’t find it!

NOT talking about exporting to MSFS – that is for loading it into MSFS BEFORE entering a flight. I’m talking about the helpful option the in-game charts previously enabled us to do to load a modified flightplan into the the game’s ATC, in-game, during a flight. That is super helpful, including if you want to change to an alternate for example.

2 Likes

Yeah it is really sad that this feature disappeared. Apperently they are investigating. I would´ve never updated the in-game charts if I had known this…

Same here… I wouldn’t have updated had I known that too! Wish we could at least roll it back…

This feature has not been working predictably over the past sim updates due to how the sim interface has been changing. We are planning to investigate this again now that the panel update has been released and hopefully we can add the feature back.

Regards,

Stephen

I’m new to Navigraph and that’s exactly the feature I was looking for in your package. I mean… to be able to build my flight plan with your in game interface and bypass the need to quit and reload or start programming from scratch in my GPS what is already done in the NG interface.

Especially annoying in VR.

Thank you to work on it.

1 Like

I too was really disappointed that by this missing functionality. For the FNX or FBW A320 and even the PMDG 737 it was the best way to bypass the import from Simbrief !
Kind regards,

When is this getting fixed? I was forced to update today and then lost the function. It’s the most useful function so I can hop around the world without having to exit the game and feel like a proper pilot doing turnarounds.

I’d rather not pay for it whilst I can’t use this function as it’s the only reason I enjoyed using Navigraph.

Can you at least allow us to roll back so we can use it?!

1 Like

Hello everyone! I will try to shed some light on the situation.

A couple of simulator updates ago (AU1), the way we export the flight plan to the simulator stopped working with the default, built-in instruments. That was mentioned here:

After some investigations, there was no reliable way for us to keep using the same method and still support the default Garmin instruments. Due to support issues about this, we simply hid away this feature for the moment until we have the necessary resources available to completely rewrite the related code.

What we did not realize is that this might still be working for 3rd party aircraft like the FBW Airbus or PMDG. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We will reintroduce the simulator export option, making sure to add a disclaimer pointing out the incompatibility with the default instruments.

All the above said, we will issue an update to the panel that enables the export feature again. I will let you all know when this is published so that you can try it out! Nothing has changed, it is still the exact same code - so it should work exactly the same as the old panel in this regard.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Kind Regards,
Malte

1 Like

Great News! Thank you very much!

1 Like

Could anyone enlighten me as to how this would work in the FBW? As far as I can tell, it can only load the flightplan from the simulator at initial startup? Is there a way to force it to load again?

I am using this documentation as reference:

As a matter of fact, I would like to know how this worked in any aircraft post-AU1. Any high-fidelity addon should be using its own flightplan system that is separate from the simulator since the latter is… less than optimal in many ways. This also means that they will likely only load the simulator flightplan once on startup, and then operate completely separately and beyond the reach of our panel.

This is actually the case with default avionics as well nowadays, they also run their own system which is why they are no longer directly affected by the panel export.

Just tried this in the PMDG 737-700 as well, the same story. The FMC is separate from the sim, and it is not affected by the changed simulator flightplan.

As already mentioned, we would happily add this button back given that there are addons that do support this. So far, I have not been able to find one that does - and I am exporting the flight the exact same way that the old panel did it. I can also confirm that the simulator successfully loads the flightplan:

Could you try this again at any gate ? For example: Spawn your 737 at any gate at then load your flightplan as an active MSFS Flightplan. You should be able to request your IFR-Clearance with the default MSFS-ATC.

This is how it used to work for me even after AU-1.

Ah, cold and dark? That might prevent the FMC from loading the flightplan until you start it up…

Hmmm, or do you mean that only ATC is available after the export? That would make a bit more sense of course. According to PMDG forums, the FMC does not have any connection at all with the MSFS flightplan

I think, this doesnt matter. I would try the following:

1. Generate a flight plan via simbrief

2. Start your Simulator, pick the PMDG 737 and spawn at any gate of your origin airport (Dont use the MSFS Flight planner)

3. Open the In-Game Charts Panel from Navigraph

4. Import your flight plan from simbrief

5. export you flight plan as an active MSFS-Flightplan

Now you should be able to request your atc clearance. I did this 150+ times in the last year :smiley:

Thank your for your support !

Alright, I can confirm that this works. MSFS ATC does recognize the flightplan:

However, I am trying to understand this post:

Is ATC the only thing this export option has been used for since AU1?

I am not sure, what he ment by this either…

But great to hear that this works. This is all what i am asking for :smiley:

A first iteration of the export support has now been released. Behind the scenes, we are doing the exact same thing that the old panel did. You can find the option under the Export tab in the flight menu:

Please try it out and let us know how it works out! This should be exactly equivalent to the option provided in the old panel version.

This does not require an update of the panel, it will be updated the next time you open it up!

Kind Regards,
Malte

1 Like