Error - Fix or airway "OSK5S" not found

I’m experiencing an error in Simbrief when copying a flight plan generated in Navigraph Charts.

Fix or airway “OSK5S” not found.

Here is the route:
LIMC/35R SRN6L.OSK5S OSKOR L615 ADOSA L612 ALBET DCT ALBET ALBE2P LIPZ/LAREN.I04RZ

Looks like SimBrief is not handling the OSK5S transition on departure SRN6L. We shall investigate.

As a work around you can use LIMC/35R SRN6L OSKOR L615 ADOSA L612 ALBET DCT ALBET ALBE2P LIPZ/LAREN.I04RZ

Cheers
Ian

Thanks Ian, I think there may be an error in the MSFS nav data as well because the route doubled back to SRN after passing later waypoints

Hi,

I’ve updated SimBrief to support SID transitions now, it should now recognize: SRN6L.OSK5S.

Note that by default, SimBrief will normally insert only OSK5S (instead of SRN6L.OSK5S) when finding SIDs that terminate at OSKOR. This is because Eurocontrol’s real-world flight planning system only recognizes this format; compound SID names are not valid according to their system. Therefore, if you enter only the SID transition (OSK5S), SimBrief will normally assume the initial waypoints based on which SIDs connect to that transition.

The reason different flight planners represent these SIDs differently is because there is no “official” way to correctly indicate them in a route. In the real world, normally you would not include the SID in the flight plan when departing LIMC. You would simply file a route beginning at OSKOR, and ATC would simply assign you the SID before departure.

In any case, SimBrief should recognize either SID format now. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Thanks! Filing the complete route in simbrief seems to produce the best results with MSFS. Would be nice if there was an add-on from Navigraph for in-sim weather to keep it synchronized and avoid unusual runway assignments with strong tailwinds.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.