EDDF 25R ILS - wrong glideslope

Hi all,

I am having a problem with the ILS approach on EDDF 25R. I am using the current AIRAC.
If I choose the ILS Y approach, the glideslope works fine, but if I select the ILS Z approach, the glideslope lets me hit the ground way before the runway. The ILS frequency was set correctly to 111.35

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Michael

Hi Michael,
what sim and what addon do you use? Do you use any 3rd party scenery or the stock from the sim?

Cheers
Richard

1 Like

Hi Richard,

I am using P3Dv5.3 and scenery is Aerosoft EDDF Proffessional

Thx,
Michael

Hi Richard,

any news on this?

Thx,
Michael

Hi Michael,
sorry for the delay of the answer - overseen it …

I haven´t the Aerosoft scenery, therefore I can´t say anything to it - have you tried it without it too?

I have tried it, PMDG, AIRAC 2211 installed and using the stock scenery:

ILS 25-Y (ident IFWR):

ILS 25-Z (ident IFNW):

Both pictures were made on exactly the same position. You also see the GS, exactly the same position and the same high over ground from the a/c. So, I assume it´s more a 3rd party scenery issue than a navdata issue. The GS position for 25-Y/Z is exactly the same - the “only” difference between these two approaches are the glidepath (one 3.0 and the other one 3.2).

But again, that shouldn´t be the case here. I can´t see any differences between these two approaches, according the glideslope. Sorry.

Cheers,
Richard

@ michael1508

Have you checked for a duplicate afcad, typically from a traffic program.

The glideslope is defined in the scenery file in P3D.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.