Distance for flights to/from user waypoint

Hi,

I often fly to or from airports which are not in the database. These are smaller private fields. Now I understand that adding them is not an option. And also we have user created waypoints. That all works great.

One issue remains though: Since I can’t use that waypoint as the start or destination of my flight, it doesn’t show me the flight distance. That makes planning those flights super difficult. I am very new to Navigraph, so maybe I’m missing something. Is there a way to get the total distance of those flights or maybe a chance this waypoints could be allowed as origin or destination in the future?

Thanks!

Hello, welcome to our forum and thank you for the feedback!

Unfortunately, waypoints can indeed not be used as origin or destination. This is not likely to change anytime soon. However, I don’t think it is intentional that the distance calculation is left out when not including any airports!

I will add this to our bug tracker, we shall investigate as soon as we have available resources.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Hi again!

We have just updated our servers, and you should now see a distance even when you do not have any origin or destination airports selected. Try it out and let us know how it works for you!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Hi Malte,

thank you for your quick reply. And I am very amazed at how quick this change was made. This completely solves the issue and I can now see the total length of my trip - it works great! Again, amazing customer service and thanks to you and your team :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Henrik

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.