Desktop app goes completely blank (white) randomly

The last couple of weeks, i have experienced several times where the desktop turns completely white, and has to be restarted. There does not seem to be a set time for when it happens. It can happen right after startup, and several times during a flight.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

I can see this has been a topic in the past, so apologizing for making a new thread.

Hi…,

Welcome.

Please check you have the latest version installed :

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian

I do have the latest version.

I still have the problem with white screen on the Windows Navigraph app. It happens when flying XP or MSFS. The other day it happened min 10 times during a 2 hour flight. In the end, I just turned it off.

Is there a log i can post here so we can figure out whats going on?

Hi…,

Check you have the latest drivers for you video card.

Do you have the behaviour with Charts Cloud ?

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian
It seems to only happening on the Navigraph App.
In-game in MSFS, via Simbrief (Cloud?), or on IPad it doesn’t happen.

When the app is idle or just doing the flight following, all of sudden the screen goes white, and I have to restart the program. But at times it also happens when I move the map around - zooming in and out. Just odd behavior with not error message what so ever.

As for the Graphics driver, I believe I’m currently one update behind. The newest one was released a week or so ago, but I have had the problems for a while now, and with a current graphics driver.

Hi…,

Although I can’t reproduce the problem, we shall investigate. Because we have some of our team on summer break, this may take a while. In the meantime please use Charts Cloud as a workaround.

Cheers
ian

Hi @WinTenk,

I have turned on extended logging for your application. Can you please continue using it until the problem happens so we can hopefully see what is going on on our side?

Also it is a good idea to update the graphic drivers to the latest as well just to make sure :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Markus

Hi @m4rkus

Will do. Thank you.

I did some experiments, having the cloud and app side by side on the same screen. - The app froze a couple of times, but not the cloud.
Tried a reinstall, still crashed.

I also tried the app on a laptop. No freezing happened there. So its local to my PC. Looks like there is a conflict somewhere.

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

This just happened on the Cloud version

Hi again @WinTenk,

Thank you, we have the logs on our side and will investigate.

I quickly skimmed through the logs and saw something that could be related to the Simlink client. Are you running the latest version of Simlink? Otherwise, please download it from here: https://dl.navigraph-cdn.com/software/simlink/windows/Navigraph+Simlink.exe and see if it has any effect.

Kind regards,

Markus