Connot find simulator

It does! I did this on my setup and I’m able to install AIRAC and Charts into MSFS.

Once again, thanks, @m4rkus!

@Farlis

To make this work I think you need to navigate to F:\Appdata\Local\Packages to execute the above command and not just F:\Appdata

If your F:\Appdata contains a Local and a Roaming folder that is…

@Farlis

I just realized… Is the registry key localappdata actually pointing to your C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local folder?

Hmm… It does not. And so far I can’t seem to get it to work.
As a second attempt I tried pointing the symbolic link to my actual MSFS installation instead of to my second appdata folder on the C drive because this one also contains just symbolic links that were created when I told the installer for MSFS to install it on my D drive.

I see the link show up in the F:\Appdata folder with all the correct subfolders.
But still no joy.
It’s late I have to go to bed now, 10 hour work day ahead tomorrow.
@m4rkus
My regkey for localappdata points to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local

@Farlis

Ok good, I realized how to fix this in a failsafe way… Expect a new working version tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Markus

@Farlis please try this version and tell me how it goes…

Kind regards,

Markus

Success. @m4rkus You fixed it. :grinning:
What was the solution?

The problem was caused by your system having the Local and Roaming folders in separate locations and not residing in the same AppData folder. Due to some earlier limitations in our frameworks the Local folder was derived from the location of the Roaming folder. I fixed it to read the Local entry separately from the registry. So it actually was a bug on our side :confused:

A new official V27 will be released later today with these changes added.

Thanks for your patience in this issue and happy flying!

Kind regards,

Markus

1 Like

@m4rkus, just to let you know, I removed my symlink and tested your new version, and it worked for me too!

1 Like

Hey, I agreed to beta testing this, didn’t I. Patience is kind of a requirement. :wink:

Glad we could help finding the cause of this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.