Compatibility

Using Windows 7 FSX (it has the Garmin 500 GPS) Navigraph FMS Data Manager 1.8.10.0906 and Simlink.
Was hoping that Navigraph would update the intersections, etc database that came with FSX. I open FMS Manager 1st, then FSX. I also use Active Sky. No additional intersections appear in the Garmin 500.
I reviewed the permissions for Manager and all are clicked on. Thus far, no good outcome. Please help.
Fred

Hi Fred,

Welcome.

Please see FAQ - Navigraph updates for FS9, FSX and P3D only.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian…
As I read the FAQ that you referred me to, am I to understand that the FSX default GPS will not have the database updated with the latest Navigraph data? There is no way for me to update the default data that came with FSX?
Fred

In other words, I can not import the Navigraph updates into my FSX default GPS. Am I correct?

Ian,
Situation resolved!! I d/l from aero.sors found on the FAQ page you referred me to. My FSX default GPS updated and I greatly appreciate your help in the matter.
Thank you,
Fred

Hi Fred,

You are welcome. Glad it is resolved.

Happy flying.

Ian

Ian… that site only provides enroute data. Where can I obtain Sids and STARs data. Also, is that site part of Navigraph? If not, why you referring me to a free site when I paid for a subscription for Navigraph and its database?

1 Like

Hi Fred,

Your Navigraph subscription provides the SID/STAR data for your FSX addons, just not the FSX simulator itself.

Cheers
Ian

OK, so when airborne and using the add-on, Active Sky, I need to open its window and manually follow the route depiction there for a STAR, That’s not good. Is there another add-on you can suggest that I should get?
Thanks for the reply.
Fred

Hi Fred,

Many addon aircraft have flight management systems which allow automatic flight along preprogrammed flightplans. The data needed to keep these FMS up to date with latest navdata is part of you Navdata subscriptions. You can also use SimBrief and Navigraph Charts to plan flights to be loaded into these FMS systems. There is a free demo facility for Charts, but you will need to convert your subscription to Ultimate to get access to all Chart facilities.

I don’t know if any/all of these work in Windows 7, but you can try.

Cheers
Ian

Thanks again, Ian. Your support is top shelf. The best! I had Active Sky running in background on latest flight. It’s cumbersome to work with. I would click on it to bring to front. It has the 2210 in it and I also set-up the default GPS for FSX. Though GPS displays the wpt at WP1, WP2 etc during SID and enroute, at Denver, I had all the waypoints appearing and used dct KAILE (IAF) for rwy 16R. On the approach course, all the interim wpt were there. Not sure why since they never appeared before. So, not sure if default GPS slaved off of Active Sky, but it’s interesting.
I tried to d/l Little Navdata software. Not sure how to arrange in PC (it shows as a subfile), but there’s no way to open it. Anyway, I guess that’s my homework when I have some time.
Hope all is well your way… stay well!
Regards,
Fred Shepherd

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.