Charts still doesn't remember last window size

I can not believe this app still can’t remember its last window size. The old version of Charts did this perfectly. Please can you fix this ?

Hi,

The app does remember the window size and position. If I close the Desktop Could it opens in the same place again. Do you have a multi-monitor setup, if so, please explain what happens after restarting the app.

Regards,

Stephen

I do have a multi monitor setup … 27" (2560x1440) and 24" (1920x1080) . The app always opens in a small window top left on my second monitor (where I want it). It seems unable to remember the size and position of the window when I resize it. Simbrief runs on the same monitor and works normally.

Hi,

I am not able to reproduce. In my dual screen setup on Windows 11, Charts remembers the exact display and screen position/size over restarts.

Which version of Charts do you have installed (check Settings)?

Which operating system and version are you running?

Regards,

Stephen

That’s odd. We’ve noted your issue report and will investigate.

Regards,

Stephen

Hi there,

I’ve been battling with the same issue since the beginning too. I also have a multi-monitor setup and when I open the desktop app it does remember the exact same position for placing the upper left window corner, but not the last size.

When I open the app and make the window bigger, and then I close the app, and open it again, it reverts back to a smaller window size. It’s not always the same smaller size though, it seems to be dependent on the aspect ratio of the window that is being closed. Here are two examples, showing the app before and after restarting:

Note that this only occurs when displaying the app on either my second or third monitor, on the main monitor (where I run MSFS) it does remember both position and size as you said. This is really annoying, and it would be awesome if this could get fixed.

Windows 10
Latest Charts desktop version
Main monitor: 3840 x 2160
2nd, 3rd monitor: 2560 x 1440

Thanks!!

Dirk

1 Like

Hi there,

is this still being looked at?

Thanks!
Dirk

1 Like

Guess not…

My multi-monitor setup is nothing special, so not sure why this isn’t getting reported more often

1 Like

What makes this whole multi monitor problem so strange is that in the version of Charts prior to 8 it all worked perfectly … so why they can’t take the code from that version and work it onto this one is beyond me!

So with not much hope of getting support from Navigraph I spent some time yesterday to play around with various Windows settings, and actually stumbled upon a solution that fixed the issue for me!

In the settings of the program shortcut, under Compatibility settings, I checked ‘Override high DPI scaling behavior’ (which is unchecked by default). And low and behold, now the Charts app remembers both location and size on any of my monitors, yay!! :upside_down_face:

2023-04-15 20_47_11-Navigraph Charts Properties

Not sure if that will work for you too, but it’ll be worth a try…

Perfect. Thank you :slight_smile: Hopefully Navigraph will take this on board and fix Charts so we don’t have to do this

I understand your frustration, but we are using the same code. It has also worked perfectly fine for all team members who have tried to reproduce this issue, with up to 4 monitors.

It does sound like this could be an issue with scaling (judging by the solution above), but since I am not able to reproduce it myself - it becomes hard to see what is going on. I even tried playing around with the scaling settings using Windows 10 and 3 monitors, it keeps working without any issues.

One thing to note: if the window is placed even partially outside of any screen, it will be reset to the default position on the next start. I am thinking that even if you guys don’t do this, some scaling settings could make the calculations think that the window is out of bounds.

We could try to fix this, but unfortunately, I have no guarantees. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Hello everyone!

Please have a look using the latest version of the app. Does the situation improve?

Kind Regards,
Malte

I am still having this problem! I was gojng to ask for it to be fixed, then hnd this thread.
I am away from computer now so haven’t had chance to try the dpi scaling yet.
Richard

ps I have a 4k main monitor and a hd second one, on which the charts app runs (definitely no overlap!)

Pps I always update when asked to

Do you have Discord, Slack, Signal, WhatsApp or any other Electron-based applications installed on your computer? Do any of them have the same issue? With the latest update, the size and position of the window should be persisted as long as it is visible on any of the monitors.

We have tested the app using different scaling and resolutions and can no longer reproduce this in any scenario. When you get the chance, please report the exact resolution of your monitor as well as what scaling Windows is set to!

Also, do you have any other monitors to try?

Kind Regards,
Malte