Charts no charts in my system

Is their a way to get instructions on how to get started. I see a lot of posts for MSFS, I’m X-Plane user, I have an account and I downloaded: charts, fms, and Simlink. everytime I try to engage the moving map I get “could not connect to sim”. PLease Help! PS I’m running the programs on Windows 10.

Hi…,

Welcome.

You might like to see FAQ - Introduction to Navigraph Charts and FAQ - Installing Navdata AIRAC Updates .

For Moving Map you need to install Simlink. This puts the appropriate Addon code into X-Plane.

After reviewing these, if you have specific questions please ask.

Cheers
Ian

I have Simlick installed. When I go to custom Data\GNS 430 folder it shows AIRAC cycle 2105. The main reason I went to Navigraph is because I have an Aero bask EPIC E1000, in the instructions “This aircraft includes a dataset provided by Navigraph” and I should get the latest AIRAC cycle from you. However I still can’t the moving map to work. I also have a Imac with X-Plane 11 on it, can I try to download everything on it.

Hi Ron,

You are conflating Simlink and FMS Data Manager. The two are quite separate. Simlink provides Moving Map for Charts. FMS Data Manager is used to update the AIRAC cycles in the your aircraft addons. Simlink should show on your macOS status bar as a green icon. Click on gthis to display Status. Post result here using Guide to posting Screenshots

When you install FMS Data Manager on your iMac it should Scan your system and detect X-Plane and Aerobask aircraft . You should have entries for
X-Plane 11 (11.50+) - used for default X-Plane aircraft
X-Plane GNS430, FF757/767/777, X-Crafts Embraer E-175, Aerobask SkyView, JRollon Planes CRJ200, JARDesign A320/A330, ToLiss A319 (XP10), STMA Aircraft, Magknight 787AE.

The second should show for your Aerobask. Select this and Update.

Cheers
Ian

I do have Simlick and FMS Data Manager on my windows machine. I’ll try it on my apple machine.

You need to have only one copy of Simlink operating at a time. So quit Simlink on the machine you aren’t flying on.

Cheers
Ian

Got it Thanks for your help!

I have been trying to get the program running and its not working I just tried again and no go. Their is so much I don’t understand. No data on server? something about a in program screen. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do and when. I go to the forum everyone is using MSFS, I’m using X-Plane 11. So am I suppose to purchase MSFS, what if it still won’t work? I tried to get infor from Areo Bask I get no help and they told me to get Navigraph in the first place. Then I wonder if I’m streaming or not, I purchased X-Plane 11 from the X-Plane web sight. I purchased a year of the Navigraph and now I thing about quitting and see if I can get a refund. I’m no young kid, I’m retired from the USAF and worked on acft. for over 22 years. 3+ tours in Nam. If no one can help me tell me how to get a refund.
Ronald Margulski, Msgt USAF retired.

Hi Ronald,

X-Plane is just fine. In fact MSFS doesn’t run in MacOS on your iMac.

Lets do one thing at a time.

Please download FMS Data macOS. Install on your iMac.

It should Scan your system and detect X-Plane and Aerobask aircraft . You should have entries for

• X-Plane 11 (11.50+) - used for default X-Plane aircraft
  • X-Plane GNS430, FF757/767/777, X-Crafts Embraer E-175, Aerobask SkyView, JRollon Planes CRJ200, JARDesign A320/A330, ToLiss A319 (XP10), STMA Aircraft, Magknight 787AE.

The second should show for your Aerobask. Select this and press Update .

If this is not occurring please post screenshot using Guide to posting Screenshots.

Is your Aerobask showing current dates in its FMC? Maybe post a screenshot.

After that I shall assist with Charts and Moving Map.

Cheers
Ian

I took 3 screenshots,

No, Charts. Ian thanks for getting back to me.

Hi Ron,

It looks as if you have successfully installed FMS Data into the Aerobask.

Aerobask doesn’t have in-game access to Navigraph charts in the Aerobask E1000. You seem to need to load your own as per Pages 9-10 of https://aerobask.com/Doc/panthera/Aerobask_GTN_manual.pdf

You should be able to get Navigraph Charts access using the Avitab addon?

We do provide Charts Desktop and Charts Cloud offerings.

Cheers
Ian

I am using the Avitab, it works well. I still can’t get the moving map. Also, I don’t know how to get rid of a flight plan.

Hi Ron,

In Charts \ Flights you can Unload the flight - this just removes it from the current chart display.
If you wish to delete it use the pencil icon:

For Moving Map, please confirm you have installed Simlink on your Windows machine and don’t have it running at the same time on your iMac.

Please posts a screenshot of Simlink Status using FAQ - Simlink Install and Systray and Guide to posting Screenshots.

Cheers
Ian

I HAD SOMANY WINDOWS OPEN I WAS GETTING CONFUSED, sorry didn’t know the caps lock was on. Thanks for the info on how to delete flights. I still can’t find my sim on the charts. Maybe the screen shots will help.
Thanks Ron

Hi Ron,

Run X-Plane 11.

In Charts Desktop top right, click on Wings icon to Toggle Map Moving Map. Do you get Moving Map? If yes we are done.

If not:

You don’t have latest Simlink. Lets start from scratch with latest Simlink . Please disable any Antivirus and Firewall.

In Simlink Plugin Settings uninstall Simlink plugin from X-Plane 11, then completely uninstall Simlink using Windows Programs and Features exactly as under.

If they exist delete directories
c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Simlink and c:\Program Files\Navigraph\Simlink

Then download and install latest Simlink using the default prompted locations.

You should be advised of Simlink being installed into X-Plane 11. In Charts Desktop top right, click on Wings icon to Toggle Map Moving Map.

If you are still experiencing problems please post screenshots of Simlink Status and Simlink Plugin Settings pages using Guide to posting Screenshots

Please let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian