Navigraph Installation on an iMac

Just purchased Navigraph yesterday for use with X-Plane and Sim Brief. On an iMac running X-Plane 11.50. Does anyone have any simple instructions? I have downloaded Navigraph to the hard drive but it’s not working. I moved it to the X-plane folder as well as moving to the 777 folder but it still doesn’t do anything. I am not getting the window after the installation that says select add ons.
Andy

Hi Andy,

Welcome.

Please see FAQ - Installing Navdata AIRAC Updates

Please let me how you get on. We shall be happy to assist.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

I am having a challenge getting this installed properly. Somehow I was able to download the charts but the primary reason I wanted Navigraph was for the current AIRACS. I have downloaded and installed the navigraph-fms-data
package. After the installation is complete the scanning window does not appear like it does in the videos. I am using an iMac. I fly the Flight Factor 757, 767 and 777.

Best Regards,
Andy
Andy

You wouldn’t happen to have any step by step directions for a dummy like me?

Hi Andy,

When you download and install FMS Data Manager you may get message

In Mac System Preferences\Security & Privacy press open anyway

Say yes to open package:

Then proceed with software install.

In launchpad select FMS Data Manager:

Agree to Scan for X-Plane and Addons. This may take a few minutes. Press Save

Download X-Plane and Addons in Addon List .

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,
I got that the first time but I fixed that. If I am understanding correctly after the install is completed I am supposed to see a screen where I can select add ons so Navigraph can scan. I don’t see that. All I see is Installation completed and that’s the end. I don’t see that. When I open simulink ( which I don’t think you even need for a MAC) it asks me to select a path. When I select a path it says it can’t find it.
Andy

I just got to start scanning (12th try). Hopefully it works. I’ll keep you posted as your help is most appreciated.

I forgot to enclose the screen shot.

Hi Andy,
As I mentioned you run FMS Data Manager , using whatever method you choose to run your Mac apps. I use launchpad.

The initial Scan may take quite a while. Once finished you should show X-Plane and X-Plane430…FF757…

You select and download these in Addon List

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,
I am just not having luck with the install. I even called Apple for their assistance. The representative I spoke with is and X-Planer as well and said he has not been able to install it either. He sent men this link.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/198522-simlink-on-mac

I am going to show the screen shots and what I did with them. I selected yes on this one and it’s now scanning.

Then after the scan this is what I see. I’ve click all the add on buttons and it doesn’t show anything.

Help!
Andy

Hi Andy,

Please power down and restart your Mac.

Do you have Big Sur installed?

We have two products:

1. Charts for macOS (which also includes Simlink needed for Moving Map)
  2. FMS Data macOS

These are quite separate and have no requirement for the other to be installed or running.

Lets focus on the FMS Data macOS only.

As above when you run FMS Data Manager, are prompted for Scan, please agree and wait for Scan to complete. This may take up to 10 minutes. Do you now have X-Plane and X-Plane430…FF757…detected? If so press Save and in Addon List select these and download?

Please advise.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,
I am on Catalina. I want the data for the AIRAC.
Andy

I have done this a few times today. When it’s scaring I see those items appear. Unfortunately when the scan is finished it says it hasn’t detected anything at all. After the scan is complete I check the add-on list mapping etc and there is nothing listed.

In FMS Data Manager Settings , for X-Plane 11 path browse to where your x-plane app is located. Press Save

In Addon Mappings press Scan. This may take a long time. Please wait till finished. Do you now have X-Plane and X-Plane GNS430…777…? If yes, press Save

In Addon List choose X-Plane and X-Plane GNS430…777…, and press Update.

You should see the download and install in progress in status at bottom left of screen.

Cheers
Ian

I went to settings and clicked k on the folder button, navigated to the folder x-planw 11 1 2 but it doesn’t put it in a folder or let me save it.

If you select X-Plane app immediately after Weapons folder ?

Good Morning (on my side of the world( Ian,

When I click settings on don’t see weapons.

Andy

Progress! It let me save the X-plane after the weapons folder. What should I do next?

So this is where I am now with the path saved.

Hi Andy,

In Settings, press Save.

In Addon Mappings, press Scan.

You should now see the entries :

In Addon List, you select and download these entries.

Cheers
Ian