Charts 8 Flt Pln from Parking area-How To

All or Navigraph, this may be something I just do not know how to do.
History-If I create a FP in Simbrief, as far as I can tell, cannot start flight in parking area instead of Active RW. Why problem.
MSFS2020 - PMDG 737 plane - If I created FP in Simbrief, and load it into MSFS, it starts my flight at RW selected, especially true if using PMDG-737 (mostly to learn how to make it work correctly). It appears, in Charts 8, I might be able to select Parking Area to start flight, but not sure how to correctly start that process, then proceed to RW and start flight.
Why Important-Best way to learn controls in plane is from cold and dark state, so that is what I do. Tying up active RW getting all systems working (RL) would be rude as well as illegal. In sim, not so much big deal, but just is not done. So want to start flight at PA. Then when importing into MSFS, it puts plane at that place and can do my CL and get setup correctly. Some of this is Asobo’s fault and the way PMDG had to code plane, so it works in SIM. PMDG says to NOT created FP in world map but do it inside plane using either an imported FP or step by step in FMC.
I am going to play around with this and see if I can figure it out, but someone must know how to do it. Your assistance would be appreciated, or the link to a YT video showing how it’s done please. Happy Flying.

3 Likes

I have the same question

So I figured it out, its simple.

First open the MSFS, select your airport in departure, and then on the MAP you can see all the available parking, select one parking and MSFS will park the plane there, you can also check in Navigraph that its showing your Plane in that location.

Then just setup your Flight Plan which will start from the runway SID etc etc. export it and load in MSFS, IMPORTANT: Don’t worry about it showing Runway location in the Departure after loading your Flight Plan, it won’t move your plane from the Parking position you selected earlier. Just click on Fly and u will find yourself in your selected parking position.

Thank you, too many projects to fly now, but will try this evening. I think I sorta figured it out a few weeks ago, but old age brain cells don’t quite remember it. Appreciate the tip.

I want MSFS and my FMS flight plan to both work so I can see how ATC is working. I am inputting FP into FMS (PMDB-737), but MSFS does not know that unless I also input it into the game. That is where it gets fuzzy, at what point do I tell MSFS hey, I have a flight plan, and here it is. Hopefully that will not delete the one I have put into the plane. This is for PMDG 737, since it’s integration into sim is on the border so to speak. MS71