Cdu problem

NAV DATA OUT OF DATE shown but Pos Init shows correct NAV DATA on CDU.

Sometime in past has operated correctly. Only have sim used infrequently because of illness.

Am reasonably computer literate. Have not done anything on P.C. that should produce this effect. All other programs running perfectly.

Using X-PLANE 11 Zibo, 737-800x on P.C. Windows 10.

Would appreciate hearing a solution. Thanks.

Hi,

Please can you post a screenshot of the CDU Pos-Init page of the Zibo in X-Plane 11, where we can see the “out of date” message and the correct NAV DATA on the page.

Thank you very much,
Richard

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your response.

Here is the photo you requested.
NAV DATA OUT OF DATE showed up when starting the 737-800x using X-Plane 11 Zibo on P.C. I mirror the CDU on an iPad mini using the common FMS app. This makes using the CDU
most convenient.

Regards,

Norman Murray.

Hi Norman,
thanks for the screenshot … but the current AIRAC 2402 - you see these also on the date JAN25FEB21/24 on the FMC. Can you update to 2402 and can you try it again please - normally this message pops up only, when the AIRAC cycle is really outdated - so the current date doesn´t fit in the loaded AIRAC period.

So my recommendation would be to update again to the current cycle 2402 and to look, if the message disappears or not.

Helpful? Hopefully :slight_smile:
Cheers,
Richard

Hi Richard,

Here are relevant copies regarding the problem of NAV DATA OUT OF DATE showing where the screen seems to show that
Nav data is active and in date.

Additionally, accessing the Navigraph FMS Data Manager indicating a Welcome notice, it states the current AIRAC cycle is 2402.

I include another photo of the POS INIT taken this morning as requested and a photo of Navigraph iFMS Data Manager screen.

This all seems to indicate to me that I am using the current
2402 cycle. Is this so?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Regards,

Norman Murray.

It looks like the Navigation Data Update hasn’t been successful.

Check the X-Plane 11 path in FMS Data Manager Settings is correct. Post screenshot here if unsure.
If it needs changing and Saving, in Addon Mappings, Remove X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 11, Scan and Save once X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 11 Addons are detected.

Also check in Settings that you have Version 1.8.14.0130.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your prompt replies to my problem.

I have evoked Navigraph FMS Data Manager, used Scan which brought back the X-Plane 11, then ticked the box for X-Plane 11, used Update, and this now shows in green the 2402 cycle.

Starting up the sim and viewing the CDU the OUT OF DATE
notice has gone.

Hope this continues to be the case.

A question. Does the FMS Data Manager update when update is applied to Navigraph?

Regards,

Norman Murray

Hi Norman,

You are welcome. Glad it is resolved.

You need to run FMS Data Manager after the AIRAC release each month.

Happy flying.

Ian

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.