Airac data number and effective dates do not match in fmc

Windows 8.1 or win10, XPlane 11.53:
I get a “nav data out of date” message on the FMC (B737-800X), even though the latest nav data update is in the XPLane/custom data folder, as required. On my FMS screen it shows version 2103 as expected, but the adjacent effective dates are always one month behind (now showing Feb-Mar, instead of Mar-Apr). This started occurring some time in January 2021. I have been unable to find anyone addressing this topic on this forum or anywhere else. I have re-downloaded and installed the FMS Data Manager, and also tried manually loading the downloaded navdata files into the XPLane/custom data folder as required. Still the same problem. This identical problem occurs also on my Win10 machine, also running XP11.53. Something has changed, but what? Of course, I can still use the FMS and make my flights, by clearing the error message. But I want to use the latest AIRAC data on the flights; that is the reason for my Navigraph subscription in the first place.

Hi…,

Welcome

Please see FAQ - Nav Data Out Of Date

Please post following screenshots using Guide to posting Screenshots

Cheers
Ian

Ian,
Thanks for very helpful info. Yes, I was unable to figure out how to attach screenshots to my post, so your suggestion is right on.
As you can see from my FMC screen, the version is 2103, but the dates do not match 2103. They are one month earlier. This has been the case for all of 2021 so far. All of the files in xplane11/custom data are up to date.

Hi…,

Please rename …X-Plane 11\Custom Data to …X-Plane 11\Custom Data Old
In latest FMS Data Manager Addon Mappings, select and Remove X-Plane 11 entry, Scan and Save .

In Addon List select and download X-Plane entry.

Please me know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

Ian,

Thanks for your timely reply. I followed your explicit instructions exactly. Following that, I have now restarted XPlane 11.53 and, unfortunately, nothing has changed. We still have exactly the same mismatch between 2103 and the effective dates, still have Navdata Out Of Date, and still 2103 but with month-old dates on the FMC, per my last response with its attached screen shots.
Now, I would like very much to understand the rationale behind your suggested sequence of steps. Even if this had worked, what is the reason behind this suggested process, and what would it have accomplished, and why? I want to understand the reasoning behind the steps, not just follow them blindly. I would want to know this, even if (especially if!) it had worked.
I hope you can shed more light on just what is really going on here.

Best regards,
Don

| Ian Support Manager & Moderator
April 3 |

• | - |

Hi Don,

Please rename …X-Plane 11\Custom Data to …X-Plane 11\Custom Data Old
In latest FMS Data Manager Addon Mappings, select and Remove X-Plane 11 entry, Scan and Save .

In Addon List select and download X-Plane entry.

Please me know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

Ian,

Now I see that others have found that the “Nav Data Out of Date” message appears only with the Zibo mod B737-800X, which is the aircraft I have been flying for the past two years in XP. By far this is the best airliner model I have found, and I really enjoy using it. Even with all Navigraph files downloaded and installed correctly, per Support instructions on this Group, the 737 Zibo continues to correctly show the cycle as 2103, but the valid dates listed adjacent on the FMC are still shown as Feb thru Mar, not Mar thru Apr 22 as it should be. So is this a Navigraph problem, or is it a strictly an XP11 .53 problem? Seems like this has been a problem for a while now.

Hi Don,

It seems this is a Zibo date issue:

Please update to latest Zibo version and confirm resolved for you.

Cheers
Ian

Ian,

You got it! The XP standard B737-800 FMS shows correct NAV DATA dates. I downloaded and installed the latest Zibo 737-800X, and now the Zibo B737-800X FMC shows correct dates and no out-of-date message. Thanks for you patience with me on this.

Don

| Ian Support Manager & Moderator
April 13 |

• | - |

Hi Don,

Yours is the only report of mismatched AIRAC number and dates, so likely a data install issue on your machine. Hence my attempt to clear down your data and reinstall.

Please post a screenshot showing status page from default Boeing 737-800:

If correct, then make sure you have latest Zibo version installed.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Don,

You are welcome.

Happy flying.

Ian

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.