Cannot minimize Charts app

I am not able to minimize the charts program as there is no “-” to click on.

I have to Control-Alt-Delete to get back to desktop?

Bill Clark

Hi Bill,

Welcome.

Pressing Alt-F4 should close the program and restart the program should restore the Window Maximise/Minimise ?

Cheers
Ian

Thanks Ian for your quick response.

Alt-F4 shuts down the app, however, when I restart Charts, the problem is still there?

Bil Clark

Hi Bill,

Assuming not needing past backups,

1. Use Windows to uninstall Charts. Specifically see FAQ - Charts desktop installer fails immediately
  2. If they exist delete folders:
    c:\Users\usernamei\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Charts and c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Navigraph Charts
  3. Download and install latest Charts .

Any improvement?

Cheers
Ian

In case the above does not work and/or you want to know what’s causing this issue, please see this post: Unable to resize/move Charts program - #2 by skysail

This is a known issue, but it is very hard to reproduce. Do you have any recollection of how you managed to put the app into fullscreen mode? Your feedback/input would be much appreciated by the developers!

Regards,
Malte

After uninstalling, downloading and installing the latest version it now seems to work correctly.

This problem, occurred after starting up an older version, before I updated.

After install of newer version, the program was ready run if I selected run after completing installation. I launched the program, pulled up a chart, and then maximized by going full screen.

When I minimized chart, the minimize feature was not available.

Best as I remember,

Thanks,
Bill Clark

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed description! It is much appreciated :slight_smile:
Happy to see that the issue is resolved as well, we’ll try to fix this as soon as possible!

Regards,
Malte

Just to confirm: Did you try to use the button highlighted here to exit fullscreen mode?

Regards,
Malte

Malte, yes I pretty much hit all the buttons in my attempts.

Got it. Thanks for your feedback and time, we’ll try to find the cause of the issue!

Regards,
Malte

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.