Approach Path Error RNP RWY34 YMML

Repost due to issue still there.
Using FBW A32NX with current Navigraph data.
This error is appearing only when close to the airport on the RNP approach to RWY 34 into Melbourne (YMML). Tested on ARBEY7A and LIZZI9A arrivals.
Approach path seems normal when clicking through the plan during flight and stays that way. It’s only when close to the airport that this little kink is appearing. Autopilot will follow it off course unless disconnected. If visibility is low it makes this approach unflyable. CLR’ing the MMLSM waypoint and DCT to YMML is a workaround but thought i would put it up here for investigation.
I need to know if this is a Navigraph data error or something else, ie: FBW or MSFS.

IMG 1- Showing the correct approach path on the ND.

IMG 2- Kink from BOSGI to MMLSM just spawns in for no reason.

Hi,
thanks for the report but thats not a navdata issue, it looks more a FBW issue. Try the same with any other aircraft and you don’t see the same result.

Also, nothing - really nothing - is between the last way point and the runway threshold that indicates this “side step”. An RNP approach is a (in simple words) point to point connection and there is no point between.

So, you can try the same with the default A320 for instance and you will not see this on the final.

Please report this to FBW - it seems that there is any small issue in their calculation on the ND.

Cheers
Richard

Thanks for taking the time to look at this Richard. I thought that might be the case. I’ll log this with the FBW team.

Cheers,
Mark.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.