Airway A1 around BRY-LF has wrong entries

AIRAC 2309rev1 Airway A1 Wyp BRY-LF

I’ve recently found that the NG data for MSFS (Route Segment) carries potentially wrong waypoints whereas the MSFS data has the correct one.
NG entry for Airway A1 Wyp BRY-LF: prev Wyp: LUREN-LF, nextWyp: FDV-PA i.e. wrong I think…
MSFS entry for the same: prev Wyp: None, next Wyp: LUREN-LF
I think I’ve seen more of such ‘cross continent’ entries but did not track more so far
The NG Chart App shows the starting segment of A1 from BRY to LUREN ok
Thanks for looking into it…

Hi,
thank you for the report. I will check it for one of the next cycles. The MSFS airway structure is very limited, specially the directions and also there is no documentation existing to this part in the SDK. We have figured out, that you can’t implement all, according the real world due possible CTDs or other bad side effects. You see this also in the srock data.

But again, I will check it and will see if there is a reason for that or simple a bug, which of course, will be fixed.

Thank you
Richard

Thanks for the reply. Yes the BGL structs in general are limited by the time they come from…
Nevertheless it would be beneficial if at least wrong entries could be eliminated.

We will try it of course but we must do this carefully due possible side-effects. But again, I will check this in the next couple of weeks. Thanks again for the hint!

Cheers,
Richard

PS: I have removed the “auto-close” function for this posting - as soon as I have any new, I will make an update here. I have also tagged this posting as a “confirmed-bug” - thanks

Just for fun… I’ve deducted the erroneous Wyps… it is always the Start or End of an airway where it connects to a route with the same name but way off the original route.
Attached a log where I gathered the distances of the Prev or Next Wyp of each Waypoint.
If the distance is >500nm I considered it as ‘fail’ and reported. Either Prev or Next tagged and the distance is reported as well.
There are really many as it seems to be a systematic error not spurious.
May be it helps a bit for finding the issue at some point in time.
NavigRouteErrorWyps.zip (120.5 KB)

Hi,
thank you, no we know the “issue” but again, it´s unclear if we can fix it without any other side effects. We will test this and will (when possible) change it, of course.

Cheers,
Richard