Adding Fight plans to FMS

I am able to make flight plans in simbrief and connect them to moving maps which is very helpful. One problem I seem to have is I am not able to use the auto pilot feature of the aircraft on the Citation X for example. It seems that to use the auto pilot a plan must be entered on the FMS. Am I correct in assuming this?
Somehow I cannot figure out how to do that.

Another question I have is about the subscription to Navigraph. If I were to discontinue that subscription, would I still be able to use the flight planning app in Simbrief. I realize the Airac data May no longer be updated if I did that, but would the flight planning capability still work?

Thanks for your help.

Hi…,

Yes, your autopilot takes commands from the FMC, so this needs to be programmed:

1. In SimBrief create and Generate your flight plan.
  2. In Flight Plan Downloads, download to…X-Plane 12\Output\FMS plans\ , noting name
  3. In FMC, NAV\FPL LIST select the flight plan by name and Activate.

To automate step 2, we recommend installing SimBrief Downloader, adding X-Plane 12 mapping …X-Plane 12\Output\FMS plans. In Settings, select all options. Then when you click Generate Flight, the flight will automatically be loaded in …X-Plane 12\Output\FMS plans ready for loading in FMC.

If you discontinue subscription, you can still do the above but the flight data will be from the free older data. In time the flight plans will become outdated. Also you wouldn’t have the ability to use Navigraph Charts, nor the Charts in addons providing this.

Cheers
Ian

Ian, Thank you for your help with this. When I followed the instructions and downloaded the plan, thesis what I got below. Seems like it would not automaticllly lose to x-plane 12/Output/FMS

I must be doing something wrong.

Peter

IMG_0243.png

Peter Eckle
petereckle@gmail.com
(919) 656-4784

Hi Peter,

In SimBrief, were you able to Generate Flight and download into … your X-Plane 12\Output\FMS plans ?
Were you able to load this into your FMC? Please be specific about what you have done and what errors you come across . Please use screenshots using Guide to posting Screenshots.

Cheers
Ian

Ian,
I’m still working on this problem and in the meantime encountered this situation (below) with the Cessna Citation X. Any idea how this all gets corrected on the plane?

Peter

Peter Eckle
petereckle@gmail.com
(919) 656-4784

Hi Peter,

I don’t see this as a Navigraph data or Charts issue.

For user support of aircraft, best to ask in the relevant aircraft/flightsim forum.

Cheers
Ian

Ok, thanks.

Email: petereckle@gmail.com
Phone: (919) 656-4784

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.