Abnormal behavior: Other person's data in own flightplan!

Dear Simbrief team,

my friend and me recently started with Microsoft Flight Simulator and Simbrief. We both have our own Simbrief account and decided to plan our first flights together. While speaking on Teamspeak we filled out our flight plan details.
Once we click on generate flight plan and opened the pdf file we noticed a really strange outcome:

We were using completely different airline and flight numbers for our planning and my friend opened his flight plan pdf and he has got my airline code and flight number in his flight plan! My flight plan was correct and showing my data.
We were very confused how this could happen. And this was not the only time this happend. Today it happened again: We planned a flight together (of course each of with his own Simbrief account) and when we click on generate flight plan he again got my flight number in his own plan even though he used a complete different one.

Could you please explain why this is happening?

Thanks in advance and best regards
Niko

Hi Niko,

You may be copying a generated flight plan from one person’s account to the other. You would be better to email each other the text string of the plan. Then separately generate the plan with the airline code and flight number you each individually choose in your own accounts.

Cheers
Ian

Just to add to Ian’s response, I did find a potential (very rare) bug while investigating your report. It’s now been fixed.

I’m not sure if it was related to what your were seeing, but let us know if you experience this issue again in the future.

Cheers,

Hello Ian and SimBrief,

thanks for your speedy response.

@Ian Sorry maybe I misdescribed it a bit. My friend and me don’t have any data from a third unknown person in our plan. It is that my friend and me are creating a flight plan at the same time with same departure and destination and then, when we click on generate flight plan, he (sometimes) has got my airline code and flight number in his flight plan where my flight plan is showing my data.

@SimBrief I assumed something like a very rare bug as I could not find any related topics so I decided to open this post. As said it does not happen all the time but we got this issue already a second time within a short period. So seems like a bit reproducable.
We will monitor the behavior and I keep you updated.

With kind regards
Niko

Thanks Niko,

I will mark this as solved for now, let us know if the issue comes up again in the future!

Cheers,

This topic was automatically closed after 26 days. New replies are no longer allowed.