A few requested features for better experience

I would like to post on big post for some features i would like to see added. I know some of these have been requested in the past (some even on the original simbrief forums).

1. Specify how much fuel is on the plane
With services like Aviatife and FSeconomy, the plane already has a specific amount of fuel. We currently have to dispatch and either accept a incorrect data in the dispatch. Or redispatch once we know the difference between whats onboard and whats calculated. It would be nice to specify from the start how much is onboard the plane, and simbrief tells us if we need to uplift; or it automatically puts excess fuel in the extra spot on the fuel plan

2. Tankering Fuel
This would give us the ability to specify extra fuel to be used on the next flight leg. Probably the best way to implement this would be to specify the destination for the next flight, then the percent of fuel for that flight. So if we’re flying KATL to KBQK and the next flight is a return to KATL. We can specify a 50% tankering. so it will calculate the fuel needed for a flight from KBQK back to KATL, then take 50% of that and put it on our flight. Currently i kinda do this with the alternates provided my current flight does not need an alternate

3. Specify the scheduled arrival time and gates
Currently we can specify the departure time and block flight time. I would like an option to enter the scheduled arrival time instead of enroute. this would be useful when entering flight details if we’re using flightaware to select our flight. Currently i have to look at the enroute time on flightaware, then do the math to add in the taxi times. It would be far easier just to specify gate arrival and departure times. Also i would like to add departure and arrival gates to optional entries for the OFPs that support them (i typically use the DAL OFP which has the gates on them, but always list it as N/A)

4. Company/User NOTAMS
These are NOTAMS that can be saved per user that are put on the dispatch whenever going to/from the appropriate airport. I had a few of these on FSX when using FScaptain. they came in handy often

5. Automatic ETD and ETA basic on current delays
This would take a look at current real world delays and add an appropriate amount of time to our estimated departure and arrival times. If an airport has delays between 15 and 30minuets. then that amount of time should be added. Either assuming a worse case (using 30 minuets) or a random amount of time between the 2

6. Delay information on the dispatch & Briefing pages, and OFP
Display current airport delays on the mentioned pages and on the OFP automatically. At time of writing a lot of South Florida airports have ground stops due to weather. It would be nice to have these shown on the dispatch and briefing pages. Miami currently shows departures from the ZTL ZDC ZNY ZHU ZJX ZFW ZBW ZMA ZME ZID facilities are not being allowed to depart due to thunderstorms.

Those are some things i would love to see added. and of those items 1, 3, and 8 are the ones i personally would like to see sooner rather than later. I know some of these have been requested in the past and im hoping to see them and other quality of life features added now that the UI overhaul has been done

All the same though I really appreciate simbrief as it is now to.

Hi, I do see some interesting feature, and I would like to add one:
Simbrief being able to compute RIF flights.

@Desparoto there is one feature I find useless (n°1): because even IRL when we compute a flight plan, we have the TOF. It’s the Captain job judge how much block fuel (if he want supp fuel) and to subtract the onboard fuel to then give the information to the refueler.

I believe you may misunderstand the request. This is about dispatch, not refueling.

The aircraft on FSEconomy or other service may have more fuel onboard already than the block fuel recommended by simBrief, so to match the SimBrief fuel, you need to e.g. defuel (not possible on FSEconomy if you’re renting someone else’s aircraft, with probably similar limitations in other equivalent addons).

You could add the difference as extra fuel on simBrief and redispatch; simBrief will protect the extra fuel, and you end up with more fuel on simBrief than on FSE. Then you need to add fuel on FSEconomy as well – you go from a one-step process to a three-step process, which is somewhat inconvenient.

Regards,

Tim

Custom departure fuel has now been added in version 2.15.0. The other requests have been noted and may be considered for future updates.

Cheers,

2 Likes