Save Default Dispatcher Remarks and other cool ideas

@SimBrief

1. I think it would be beneficial to have a save defaults button for the Dispatcher Remarks. Many airlines have remarks that generate on every release/OFP and so its a bit tedious having to add the same remarks everytime for every flight. Is there a chance we could make this an option?

2. Also, regarding taxi out fuel, the airline that I dispatch for irl uses taxi out fuel in pounds. Not in minutes. Is there a possibility to get the taxi out fuel to be entered in as pounds of fuel?

3. Lastly, regarding payload, the airline that I dispatch for irl plans payload simply just as PAYLOAD (not passengers and cargo, but ALL payload as a whole). Is there a possibility to get a PAYLOAD field added to simbrief that functions similar to the ZFW field?

Thank you sir!

18 Likes

I agree, I feel like this would be a great addition so I dont have to type everything out everytime I make a new OFP for a flight.

2 Likes

I would love to have this as an option! Would be so helpful to not have to type out all of the same remarks time after time.

3 Likes

would be helpful and easier to dispatch flights at VAs with these features

3 Likes

Honestly a great idea

3 Likes

I agree, this would be amazing and would help out a lot.

3 Likes

For example at one US major, the DX creates all of his “generic” remarks; then on a given flight plan, just clicks a checkbox to add the selected remark to the OFP.

4 Likes

@dougsnow are you a real world dispatcher too?

1 Like

Would love to see this implemented.

3 Likes

Yep - ETOPS Standards Dispatcher

2 Likes

@dougsnow awesome! well you must feel my pain that we have to type in the same remarks every single flight with simbrief then lol xD

2 Likes

Hi Team,

We use the votes above to gauge interest, so if you support the suggestion please vote. :grinning:

Cheers
Ian

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback everyone, will try to add this in the next update.

Best regards,

4 Likes

@SimBrief Thank you very much sir for the quick response. Just to confirm, will you be adding all 3 requests I made in the next update to Simbrief?

Thanks again for all you do for the flight sim community!

Likely only the default Dispatch Remarks will come in the next update. The others may come later, but they are on the list.

In the meantime, one workaround you could try: If you aren’t concerned about the passenger count appearing correct on the OFP (assuming your chosen OFP layout shows the passenger count), you can effectively enter the payload value directly by setting the passengers to “0” and entering your payload in the “freight” option.

Best regards,

2 Likes

@SimBrief Perfect thank you so much sir! And if you dont mind me asking, what exactly is the timeline for the next update to the Simbrief Dispatch System that you just now mentioned?

I agree these would be some great features to see added to SimBried!

1 Like

Looks just like the real release! Except PREDICTION CHECK should be at the end of the second like per the real release.

1 Like

@Allbakedout this is a simbrief limitation. It looks correct when on the release.

This is how it looks on the release generated using simbrief:

As you can see it shows correctly on the release.

I love the idea! How can we make this happen?

1 Like