Wrong Zulu time in weather tab

Hello,

Zulu time is initialized to 12:00 in each section of weather tab, except in “Radar”.
Thank you.

Hi Pierre! Thank you for the feedback!

The Radar layer is historical and shows data points in the past. The other layers are forecasts, and show data points in the future.

We try to initialize the forecast layers to the point closest to the current time, and we initialize the radar layer to the latest data that we have!

I hope that makes sense! Let me know if you have any more questions.

Kind Regards,
Malte

Thank you for your answer but i still doesn’t make sense for me :slight_smile: The problem is that “NOW +0min” displayed on the rule at the bottom of the screen is only correct on Radar layer (but I was wrong when i said “Zulu time is initialized to 12:00” : it’s sometimes another Z time). I you want to indicate the last update time in forecast layers, i think you should not write “NOW + 0min” : it’s confusing because “now” means “present time”. I suggest you could use the same display as Radar (red bar and “NOW” initialized to current time) with an additional message “last update : hh:mm”.
I hope to have been clear.

I think I understand.

Currently, the “now” reference is defined as the moment when you open the weather function. In order to get a new “now”-time, you need to close it and then open it again.

In a future iteration, we would like to automatically keep this time up to date, without you having to close and open it again. Would this solve your issue?

Kind Regards,
Malte

Not completely i’m afraid. I have just tried : “Radar” shows “0920Z NOW + 0 min” but “Cloud cover”, for example, shows “0900Z NOW + 0 min”. Only “Radar” is set at current time when you open the weather function. Others seem having “NOW” set to last map update time.

This depends on the space between each data point in the respective sources. The forecast data is available on an hourly basis, whereas the radar layer contains more data points. There simply is no 0920Z data to show for the other layers, so the function will snap to the closest available data!