Telemetry - local time

the local time appears to just show zulu time

Screenshot 2023-12-04 033823

where am in the real world its 0337, where i’m flying its 0637

Hello! Thanks for the feedback.

Those numbers are reported by your simulator and are not based on your real location. That means that according to your simulator, the local time where you are flying is 11:37 and the Zulu time is also 11:37Z. It does not necessarily have to be real-time, depending on how you set up your flight.

We don’t process these numbers so there is not much we can do about it - but if you want us to make sure that everything is working as expected, I would need the location that you were at and the time setting in the simulator to reproduce this!

Kind Regards,
Malte

the simulator time (p3dv5) was 1137z and i was flying on the east coast of the united states. so it should have shown 6:37am

there is never any difference, it always shows localtime = zulu time

We’re getting this information directly from the simulator, you can find the reference here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/utilities/variables/environment_variables.html

We use ABSOLUTE_TIME as well as TIME ZONE OFFSET to display the values in question.

We’ll investigate on our side to make sure that everything is in order as soon as we have available resources!

Kind Regards,
Malte

1 Like

Good (or bad?) news! We have found a technical issue in the layer between the P3D (and likely FSX) plugins and Simlink itself, leading to an offset of zero.

We’re working on a patch which will be released soon! Thanks for the feedback!

Kind Regards,
Malte

2 Likes

This should have been fixed since the release of Simlink 1.1.34.2212.

Please let us know if you are still having this issue!

Kind Regards,
Malte

yeah i noticed a few days ago! thanks!

1 Like