VFR Charts

Hi …,

Welcome.

We shall do thorough beta testing internally and then with our beta testers, likely in waves.
Already it looks good, but it will take an unknown time to take on board beta feedback, before release.

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers
Ian

3 Likes

How can i have missed the mail with the beta application Opportunity…
Damn, to much mails with works i guess :frowning:

Any chance to be added ?

Cheers !

Same here! I fly mainly VFR with SkyDemon running on my ipad , so it wpukd be great to be able to help out in the UK with VFR!

Will this be something similar to how SkyDemon manages their own VFR display? And hopefully you guys will be displaying a decent amount of VFR information and not as little as Foreflight do across Europe?

N.B. Below is not representative of the quality of information available in Sky Demon across Europe, especially in the UK but it’s the only screenshots I had to hand :slight_smile:

KBUR-zoom
KBUR-VFR

If it’s anything close to this (taken from the Jeppesen website), you can count me back in as a Premium Subscriber!

Screenshot-2022-06-09-193157

Hi,

We are not able to share any screenshots just yet, but looking at the ones you have shared I am pretty confident that our new product will match your expectations in both US and Europe. :blush:

Regards,

Stephen

7 Likes

We have high expectations regarding participating in this beta! I hope it would be available soon.
Thanks!

Hi Stephen,
Are you able to share some screenshots now?
My SkyDemon sub is up for renewal and I would love to be able to choose a Navigraph sub this time instead for all of my VFR needs!
Thanks,
Toby

Hi,

Not while the beta is running unfortunately.

Regards,

Stephen

So you aimed for a Q2 release of the beta, which supposedly you made. How long do you envision this beta to last?

I don’t understand this secrecy, do you fear a competitor will come in and copy you if you share screenshots/details?

Anyways, have a nice summer.

The VFR charts will be very nice to get for sure! I believe that adding weather was also discussed - is that in the beta?

Hi,

METAR and TAF are already part of the beta. Weather overlays are almost ready and will be part of a later update.

Regards,

Stephen

Wow! I’ve been looking forward to this update for a long time, and it looks like it (and those to come) will be worth the wait!

2 Likes

Will the upcoming VFR charts be included in the ultimate subscription or will we see a new pricing model?

1 Like

They will be part of the Ultimate subscription.

Regards,

Stephen

8 Likes

I am another user who is hanging out for the VFR charts, but after reading all the comments here there seems a lot of hurry up and release it. A big thing that has been missed is that early on Stephen said that this is a complete rewrite of their products. This is not a small undertaking and also not a cheap one. I back the team in taking there time in releasing this. It will be a better experience for us all to have products that are fully tested and bugs fixed. Look up ‘Development Triangle’ and pick two. By not committing this gives flexibility in delivering a first class product.

3 Likes

Saw the teaser on youtube and loved it!

Questions:

• Will it have data on runway weight limitations (e.g., PCN classifications) and so on?
  • Will it include data on airport fuel availability
  • Will it include data on whether airports are restricted from certain operating times?
  • Any plans for aerodrome NOTAMs and Enroute NOTAMs? That would be absolutely BALLER, especially if enroute NOTAMs could be displayed graphically.
2 Likes

Your questions sounds like a real life pilot that want to use Navigraph for real life navigation. Why would you want airport fuel availability in a simulator?

Mostly because I want to make certain I don’t get egg on my face online by doing something like landing a Gulfstream at an airport where it clearly doesn’t belong.

Basically, it’s an extra challenge to see if I know how to plan a flight properly in a business jet. It’s a bit of an extra reward if you know how to do it just like the real thing.

And yes, I’m a real pilot, and I have to check details like that before I fly. I know very well not to use Flight sim nav data for real world flying, but to not check for things like fuel availability or runway PCNs when going to smaller airfields on flight sim makes my flight planning feel anorexic, even if it’s just flight sim and there are no ramifications of landing with minimum fuel at an airport with no fuel service availability.

1 Like

Would be really nice to add the option of auto switching chart to the taxi chart after landing. Foreflight does this when it registers you slowing down on a runway, and automatically shows you the appropriate ground layout. In the phase immediately after landing, this makes orientation after or even when vacating the runway nice and easy, while being busy with spoilers, flaps lights and ATC. One less button to push, less item to switch.