VFR Charts

I fly MSFS in VR exclusively and there is no good VFR charts option at the moment. There are only some clunky solutions involving Littlenavmap and lots of tinkering.
I was hesitating for a long time to get the Navigraph subscription because it did not offer VFR charts and I was using X-Plane which has avitab and that works well.
Now that I fly IFR more and mostly on MSFS, I finally decided to get a Navigraph subscription but I still miss the VFR maps!
I think you would get a huge boost in sales if you had VFR maps because many GA pilots only fly VFR.

2 Likes

Hiā€¦,

Welcome.

Yes we are aware of the desire for VFR Charts. We are working on it.

Cheers
Ian

4 Likes

Thank you IAN . Yesterday i started looking at other options outside of navigraph to achieve good VFR maps. I like what you guys do and reading your comment today I will hang in there . Looking forward to what you guys come up with in the future .

1 Like

I also fly VFR most of the time and I do that in the US because of the VFR charts in Skyvector, just because Navigraph doesnā€™t have that option. They have been saying for a long time that they are working on it but a little more information would be appreciated. Donā€™t misunderstand me, I love Navigraph but communication is not their strongest partā€¦

1 Like

Recommend you look into Skyvector Moving Map for MSFS as a solution while you wait. Itā€™s a lightweight service that places your aircraft location on the skyvector website in the Chrome browser. Navigraph announced future VFR charts nearly two years ago now. I wouldnā€™t hold your breath for a release anytime soon. Navigraph has given no estimates on completion time when asked, only giving the standard. ā€œweā€™re working on itā€ replies.

2 Likes

Waiting for the VFR charts before I renew my subscription. I fly my sim mostly to small airports so the present charts donā€™t really benefit me that much.

4 Likes

I have just subbed for the first time recently and am loving using the charts in my Xplane airliner. Really excited to hear you are bringing the VFR charts over as tabbing out to skyvector all the time is a buzz kill. I reckon this could be a great business decision to incorporate VFR charts into your products :slight_smile:

I too am looking forward to VFR charts in Navigraph. Iā€™m currently using AirMate as my EFB-style solution but I prefer the Navigraph appā€¦ Iā€™ll keep an eye out for updates!

1 Like

Well Iā€™m seriously looking forward to the VFR charts. This is the one thing missing that I think this could really use.

4 Likes

Just add some to the hype train ! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Cant wait for the VFR maps! especially for VR :slight_smile: hope its soon

1 Like

would be nice! need more zoom level then in the normal charts with fine topo maps.

Thatā€™s coming! :blush:

Stephen

6 Likes

So glad to see the shared enthusiasm for VFR charts in navigraph, and even more glad to see that itā€™s in the works! Now just to figure out how to wait patiently in the meantimeā€¦ :rofl:

3 Likes

looking forward to VFR charts in Navigraph

1 Like

any chance navigraph releases an alpha version this year?

Hi Team,

VFR Charts are a key part of our new Charts development. When this development reaches a point where we can share this, we shall be keen to do so.

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers
Ian

3 Likes

I just subscribed for the first time, and I assumed vfr charts were included like all other services(paid and free.) Disappointed to find out that this feature has been coming for over a year and there is no indication of it being included any time soon. Iā€™ll probably be a 1 month subscriber and then go back to fltplan go.

1 Like

Hi ā€¦,

Welcome.

The forum is open to all users subscribed or not.

We encourage you to use your subscription to check out Charts and FMS Data.

We are working on a new Charts version, which we are confident will impress.

Cheers
Ian

1 Like

I fly GA aircraft so FMS data is really no use to me.