Use of Vectors

If the SimBrief flightplan includes vectors between the STAR and APP, where does the guidance come if using X-Plane (that app offers no ATC).

Hello, thank you for reaching out. As we already may know that vectors simply indicate that ATC will provide us a heading to fly. SimBrief does not calculate the vector as this is a ATC function. So it’s up to us to vector ourselves, or if we are on Vatsim to have ATC assist us.
Hope this helps,

Best,
Jason

Jason, thank you for responding. Setting our own vectors defeats the purpose of needing ATC to manage aircraft in close proximity, especially during IFR conditions - which I experience throughout the winter, and rely heavily on autoland. I did look at VATSIM years ago but, unless a change has occurred, that service is not available in Canada.

My hope was that SimBrief could be configured to provide audible vectoring on final waypoints, especially those that link the STAR to the APP. Probably way out of SimBrief’s scope but I thought I would ask.

Regards,
David

I will bring this up to the team, may be a good feature in the future!

Best,
Jason

Thank you for considering. Appreciated.

Regards,
David

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.