Use chart on iPad while I fly on my Mac

Good morning,

I would like to know how to connect my iPad, which runs Navigraph maps, to my i-Mac.

I run X-Plane 11 on the i-Mac and when I open the Navigraph app on my iPad and I press the arrow on above right a red message says:

Moving Maps
A running simulator could not be detected

What I should do to link them up?

Thank you for your help.

Hi…,

Welcome.

You need to download and install Charts for macOS. This includes Charts and Simlink which provides the connection between your X-Plane 11 and our servers.

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your answer.

I already use Charts for Mac OS… what I would and I have already installed it on my iPad…

I thought that meanwhile I fly with x.Plane, I could see the position on navigraph charts on my iPad.

As I wrote you in my previous mail the message it shows that it can’t find any active simulator.

Attached you can see two screenshots… the first is taken from my iMac the second from my iPad.

I bet I do something wrong.

Beste regards

Screenshot 2022-01-20 (11.03.17).png

Giuseppe Fusilli

ATTENZIONE !!!
Il presente messaggio ed i suoi allegati devono intendersi ad uso esclusivo dei suoi destinatari e sono confidenziali. Se ricevete questo messaggio per errore, Vi preghiamo di cancellarlo, di distruggerne ogni copia e di informarci immediatamente. Internet non garantisce l’integrità dei messaggi. Giuseppe Fusilli declina pertanto ogni responsabilità in caso di intercettazione o modifiche del presente messaggio.

Considerate la salvaguardia dell’ambiente prima di stampare questa E-mail

WARNING !!!
This message and any attachments is intended solely for the use of the intended addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error, please delete it, destroy all copies and immediately notify us. Internet can not guarantee the integrity of this message. Giuseppe Fusilli shall not therefore be liable for interception or amendment of this message.

Please consider the environment before printing this E-mail

CAVETE !!!
Nuntius hic cursus electronici secreto mittitur tantum illi, qui summo inscribitur. Ne quisquam alius hunc legat nec vulget vel dividet vel transferat, nec eo quidam utetur ullo modo. Deleat, quaeso, hanc aepistulam qui per errorem eam acceperit, una cum tabulis additis, et ego gratam memoriam servabo.

Observari naturae ante scripsi epistulam

In the Charts for macOS installer is also the installer for Simlink. Please install Simlink to get Moving Map.

Cheers
Ian

I had read that those who use the operating system mac os shouldn’t have downloaded simlink.

Anyway… where I can download the proper software for Mac OS.

Best regards

Joe

Hi Joe,

Please see Moving Map not available on Mac, XP11.50- where do I find SimLink?

Cheers
Ian

I understand well that I cannot use it?

Sorry but I don’t really understand what you wrote…

Hi Joe,

To install Simlink from the Chart macOS installer, can you please double click on the Simlink.pkg package .

Cheers
Ian

2 posts were split to a new topic: Simlink problem on Windows