URSS ILS approaches missing

Hi,

the ILS approaches at URSS are missing in procedure data (current AIRAC, X-Plane 11 data). Interestingly, the LOC apps are there.

Best regards,
Daniel

Looks like I finally found a hint what’s going on here:

As the original forum content here is gone it seems, I couldn’t read up on the rationale. Is it that ARINC424 doesn’t really allow to code those approaches correctly, so Jeppesen just doesn’t code it at all?

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,
the answer is still correct - when the missed approach starts prior the runway threshold, Jeppesen codes such procedures as LOC procedures. That is absolutely normal and valid because when you look on the charts, you have ie. for URSS ILS-Y OR LOC-Y Rwy 21 … so, depending on the coding standards of the data provider, you can code this as ILS or as LOC approach. Jeppesen codes such situations as LOC.

But, normally you can fly a fully ILS approach either in the sim, even if you select the LOC-approach. The reason is, that the GS is still available. So you should receive it, when you switch to the corresponding frequency.

Hope that helps,
Richard

Hi,

thanks for the quick response on a weekend, Richard!

Indeed I should be able to select LOC but fly ILS, but this failed for me in current ToLiss A319 for whatever reason - I the GS indication, but was unable to enable APPR mode at all. I’ll bring this up with ToLiss.

Best regards,
Daniel

Servus nochmals Daniel,
I´m no real pilot and I have no idea, what happened in the real Airbus but it´s possible, that when you select a LOC approach, that you can´t select the APPR button, even when the GS is available. Possible that this is for a safety reason (in reality) because the minimas are differ between these two approach-types.

What I want to say is, possible that the ToLiss simulates this correctly and therefore you can´t set the APPR. I´m curious about the answer from ToLiss :wink:

Danke & schönen Abend noch,
Richard

Servus,

actually I’ve now taken a look into the A320 FCOM. With a LOC approach selected, APPR is not available, as the arming conditions are either ILS approach selected as Lat Rev (which isn’t available in this case), or just a runway or even no runway selected, and ILS tuned manually in RAD NAV. Looks like the ToLiss is doing it right, not allowing arming APPR when LOC app is selected in FPL.

Schönen Restsonntag,
Daniel

1 Like

Wow, danke Daniel for this insider information. That explain, why you can’t arm the APPR.

Good to know for future support! Thanks again!

Dir auch eine schönen, ruhigen Abend
Happy flying
Richard

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.