Unsupported screen size

Hello. I have been occasionally using Navigraph Charts on my phone for over two years, but today, after a few weeks since last used it, the following message appears when I try to open the app "Unsupported screen size
This app is currently only supported on tablet and desktop devices. Mobile phone support will be added in a later release.”
Well, I know that a phone is not the best place for navigation, but for a quick check or quick access to some data, it is enough and I have been using it for a few years as I said. What is the reason for the regression? I know that according to the message it is planned to bring it back, but I am still curious about why it was taken away this possibility.
Thanks for any enlightenment!

2 Likes

It wasn’t taken away in the sense that we removed it from the app, we built an entirely new app as you might be aware, and we are still working on harmonizing the UI for smaller screens. This is taking some time but it is in active development.

Regards,

Stephen

I also am concerned about this. I hope it gets reinstated soon. Not all of us have tablets to devote to this when the phone was more than adequate for monitoring and even planning.

1 Like

But why the app got updated even if it isn’t supported? My app currently is a combination of the old one with the new one and i can only use landscape mode

The old top bar still showing.

1 Like

Since I am using a desktop and got this same message so I am confused

Can you download the latest one from Google Play? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navigraph.chartsrn&pli=1

Regards,

Stephen

1 Like

Still a mess… the old one works fine for everyone.

In the new app now, import and open from simbrief is not working.

No problem in years with your software, new products needs to be released 100% completed.

I dont want to be a beta tester.

No, it’s not compatible with my device, that’s why I’m confused. Why I got the update if I didn’t updated the app.

This is bad, Navigraph. This is how not to do app development. You’ve released a new version of your software that is a mandatory (or in my case, automatic, so effectively mandatory) update that completely breaks what was working for millions of users and your best response is “we’re working on it”?

I really don’t care what else you have to say on the subject. If you want to know that poor customer service looks like, this is it.

Don’t be like that. Why are you like that?

3 Likes

Yes, I agree that instead of the rush of launching a new update with new features, they should have performed a general check up on the app to see if it was all working as it should. Moreover, the say that it however works well on tablets, but I am unable to use the app in both my Android smartphone and my Android tablet.

What is funny my mobile phone has bigger screen resolution than my tablet, so why Navigraph is blocking the usage?

Getting a small screen version published is top priority for the team. We’re really sorry to keep you waiting.

Which device model is your tablet?

It isn’t strictly the resolution that is the limiting factor - currently Charts is limited to what Google defines as large devices (at least 640dp x 480dp). Dp is not pixels but a measurement that also takes pixel density into account.

Kind regards,

Stephen

My tablet (Samsung Galaxy S4) resolution: 1600 x 2560 px (10.50") 288 ppi - Navigraph charts supported
My phone (POCO Pro F2) resoultion: 1080 x 2400 px (6.67") 395 ppi - Navigraph charts not-supported
Not so big difference.
Can’t you just lift the limitation and allow users decide if the interface on the phone is good for them, until you release the app fully adapted to phone screen.

Mine is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite (SM-T220).

1 Like

I agree with everyone that this needs to be fixed asap. Many of us were relying on being able to quickly bring up charts on our phones.

3 Likes

This is taking ridiculous amount of time, why in the world did you released the update and the worst thing is that it is mandatory to have it, even if your device isn’t compatible. And the attention to the customer is so bad :triumph:

1 Like

Because they know they have the monopoly of an accessible chart app and no one to compete with or beat, so people don’t have an alternative to run to unless accept and wait whatever time they take.
If they have any rival app they would probably have brought the app usability back a long time ago already.

1 Like

We’re sorry for the delay. All I can say is that the full team is focusing on getting the version for smaller screens out. It is the top priority. We agree we could have planned this a little better: we did not think the old Android app would break upon the new release, but it did due to an incompatible backend. Instead of spending time on fixing the old app we are focusing on launching the new app. Please hold out a little while longer.

Kind regards,

Stephen

1 Like

I just purchased a yearly subscription so i could use my samsung tab e and get this message. Makes me wonder how hard this is being worked on being an issue since December. Any updates on when it will be fixed?

Hi,

It is in internal testing right now so not long.

Kind regards,

Stephen