Types of ILS

Hello, I am planning a flight with the plane’s FMC. Simbrief gives me an ILS approach on runway 06L. In the FMC I get several options…: ILSY06L, ILSZ06L, 06L. How do I know which one I should choose? Thank you.

Hi,
this is an english forum, so please in english.

Thank you
Richard

sorry and change it…

1 Like

SimBrief doesn’t do approach procedures (only departure/SID and arrival/STAR), so it cannot give you an ILS or any other specific approach.

As for which ILS approach to choose from, in real life air traffic control would assign you a specific approach; if you fly the sim without ATC, then you would look at the approach charts and pick whichever approach seems most suitable.

If you have an ultimate Navigraph subscription, you can check the charts directly in the Navigraph Charts application or website; in addition, charts are freely available from the FAA for US airports, you can find them on airnav.com, SkyVector, or e.g. flightaware ( here, for JFK in New York: John F Kennedy Intl Airport IFR Plates (New York, NY) [KJFK/JFK] - FlightAware )

Charts for european and other airports are also sometimes freely available online depending on country.

Regards,

Tim

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.