Too high approach

Hi,
please do following:

1. close the sim (very important!!)
  2. delete the content.xml file
  3. start the sim and when it´s up and running, close it again
  4. start the lastest version of the Navigraph Navdata Center (v1.0.3)
  5. remove the AIRAC and reinstall it

After that, please upload your content.xml file again here - and try the approach again. Your content.xml file looks very sorted, do you use and 3rd party addon for this? I ask because the order in this file is partly very important and this file, should not be sorted … also our packages are not on the correct place, where the Navigraph Navdata Center install it - therefore, any tool or addon must mix these content.xml file …

Thank you,
Richard

im feleting almost every week my content because im using AIG and XCSL for Vatsim and if i fly offline i deactivate them via AddonLinker and delete the Content to make sure its loading fast. (With all installed addons its about 7 min till World Map Screen)
Will now fire up my system do a flight from EKYt to ENBR will report.
Delete my content and will report

But removing/moving packages from the community-folder doesn´t change the content.xml file. The sim doesn´t delete lines or sort lines during the startup … so what application change the order of this file?

Cheers,
Richard

i dont know. But i am constantly deleting the content file because i am activating/deactivating addons (using MSFS AddonLinker)

… but why do you delete the content file when you use AddonLinker? I thought AddonLinker creates symbolic links, which delete or add the specific packages. So why do you delete the content file than?

Cheers,
Richard

i dont know if the sim searches for the files even theyr not there…
Content.xml (7.4 KB)
this is my content after my flight.
Approach into ENBR was good.

No, he doesn´t … when a package is not found/missing it will be skipped … missing packages, which are included in the content.xml file has no influence in the sim - they will only not loaded, that`s it.

Cheers,
Richard

This has been a discussion in the Fenix Discord for some time now… Many ILS approaches you end up TOO HIGH, and landing long due to it.

Fenix devs say that their add on gets the data from Navigraph to display LOC and GS, etc.

I myself also find that I end up at around 100 feet above the threshold instead of 50 feet, and it completely throws off the landing.

I also find that, when following the ILS, it’s not a constant, smooth descent. Closer to short final the descent often flattens, and then steepens again.

Yes, often I use 3rd party scenery, but I feel that this shouldnt make a difference… 3rd party devs are usually very accurate when it comes to having their airports as accurate as possible. And if I understand it correctly, even if the 3rd party scenery developer provide their own ILS data etc, it gets ignored and the Navigraph data used instead.

What exactly is the issue here? Can it be rectified?

Hi

Can you give us an example, to reproduce it please?

• Which airport?
  • Which approach?
  • Which addon you´re using?
  • … and if you use a 3rd party scenery or not, and when which one?

Thank you,
Richard

Oof… if you wish I can start logging the different places that appear to be off, but off the top of my head…

• Redwing LSGG
  • FSimStudios CYHZ
  • Simwings EDDH ( I think that one is off too…)

I’ll report more as I find them here, if you wish.

Thanks Roger - have you tried it without 3rd party sceneries too? I mean, remove the 3rd party scenery and use the stock scenery with our data?

Additional:
Which approach and which addon have you used - or does this happen by all aircrafts and/or all approaches?

Cheers,
Richard

No

Fenix A320, various approaches. I will document in more detail my findings in the future.