Too high approach

Hello,
as in other topics written a lot of ILS are not perfect and i cant reply to these topics because they’re closed.

I flying with autopilot and below around 500ft until touchdown my airplane is too high…
Papis are showing me too high and also my actual landing is very late.
Happened almost every airport i flew in in last days/weeks and happens with standard included and third parties airports.

Hi,
I have just flown an approach into KDEN 35L because there was an equal topic here and as you see, this approach is perfect (Reference link). So, you see, we need any reference for testing … also which aircraft you use and if you use any 3rd party addon scenery for this approach or not.

As a general answer to your more or less general topic - I can´t reproduce it sorry.

Cheers,
Richard

thats sad.
flew to Aerosoft EDLP ILS 24.
JustSim EDDL ILS 23L
Stock EGLL ILS25R
everytime inside of CJ4 with WorkingTitle Mod for this aircraft
will cehck other airports and further Standard and extra scenerie

Thanks and have you tried it without the 3rd party sceneries also? … or was the EGLL approach with the stock scenery? Then I can try it too :wink:

Cheers,
Richard

stock and i have the Premium Deluxe Version of sim.
will check it out if its only with third parties or also with stock

Alles klar, danke :wink:

Let me check the EGLL approach … will come back :wink:

Sevus,
Richard

1 Like

i fly always with live weather and time

1 Like

Hi again,
I have tried the EGLL 27R approach and here again, perfect I guess …

Here a screenshot (pressed a little bit to late on the pause), so it´s a few feet behind the real threshold but you see, I´m approx. 140ft (again you see approx. 130ft because I´m a few feet behind the threshold as you see) and that´s exactly the correct position (runway elevation at threshold = 78 ft + threshold crossing height 58 ft = 136 ft)

I have done this with the A320 (I´m honest, I´m more family with this aircraft, but that should be independent of the type of aircraft) and the stock EGLL.

Cheers,
Richard

1 Like

with AP on? Live Weather?

Yes AP on, no live weather - not sure, if 27R is possible at the moment but I´m nearly 100% sure, that this will also work as expected with live-weather. The data are still on the same place, on the same elevation … when this doesn´t work with live-weather, I would have no clue why :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Richard

PS: but I will try it now … possible that 27 is not possible but I will see

… and here the 27L approach with real-weather (25kts x-wind), now (as you see, sorry for at) a little bit too early on pause but acceptable, I guess:

I´m on 149 feet and the target height should be 133 feet (rwy 77 + tch 56):

I also had looked onto the PAPIs now and the colors are also nearly perfect till the touchdown-zone. So, I can´t see any issue here, sorry …

Cheers,
Richard

1 Like

just landed at stock EDDW ILS 27 Y VERED and was too high and had an offset!
You need Flight Recorder from Flightsim.to

Hm, very strange - I have tested EDDW now too - the same result as before.

Do you have the new “Navigraph Navdata Center v1.0.2” in place and have you installed the latest AIRAC cycle? Sorry for this simple question :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Richard

yes, i updated everything with Navigraph before this flight and i should have the newest settings
Every flight this happens i think…
First its perfect aligned and on Glideslope (PAPI 2 Red 2 White) and before touchdown the aircraft is too high and PAPI showing 4 White
You can see this in my recorded flight (linked in my post above yours)

… and when you fly this approach without our data, only with the stock data, all is good? Have you tried it with another aircraft also or only with the CJ4 (it guess it´s the WT mod CJ4, latest stable version)?

I have tried it again but I can´t reproduce it - therefore I´m not sure, where the issue should be …
I will try this approach with the CJ4 too …

Cheers,
Richard

i never used sim without navigraph data
flew a time the TBM930 and had as i remember also this problems

this approach was now without navigraph data!
No offset and height is good(RWY 14’ + TSH50 = 64’ ) !

Now with installed Navigraph Data

Thanks - very strange. We have received no other reports about this and I don´t know what is the reason for that on your system because it´s working on my system and I assume on most of the systems in the world (because when not, we would receive much, much, much more reports like that).

Very strange … can you upload the content.xml file please, that I can try it with your file?! There must be any difference, I can´t believe it´s in the data.

Cheers,
Richard

1 Like

Content.xml (7.2 KB)