Suggested runways

Isn’t there any realism into which runways that is suggested based on the current established
runway winds. From those OFP recently created it tends to be more random than exact science?

Cheers
Tom

Hi Tom,

The runway selections depend on a variety of factors, including your departure time, when the last METAR was issued, the current TAF (if your departure time is more than an hour or two in the future), and any available ATIS messages.

Next time you see runway selections that seem to be in error, please provide the following info and I will look into it further:

• Departure date/time
  • Aircraft type selected
  • Departure/arrival airports
  • A screenshot of the current METAR, TAF, and ATIS messages at the time of planning (either by clicking the cloud icon above the departure/arrival options, or by expanding the Flight Briefing page airport weather sections).

Cheers,

Thanks I will :slight_smile: I have seen this many times where i.e. Runway 01L is selected but the the opposite runway is in use i.e 19R due to winds of ex. 160/4

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.