Simlink installation gets corrupted constantly

For some reason my Navigraph Simlink installation gets corrupted in one day. This means when I start my PC day after installation, Simlink fails to start and shows three error dialogs without starting. The error message in the pop-ups is all garbled up. If I reinstall Simlink, it works again normally, until next day. Here is the garbled error message for the first error pop-up from the Windows System Log:

Application popup: NavigraphSimlink.exe - System Error : The code execution cannot proceed because ^÷a¹Kaä’Iý—4šJB‰å%Ñïla<½ÿs†¹¸Ú|ê+8¥!}e/ëÝö×9‘ëeÇÁìiï9jľ²áK–ÀZ.m2Ä;þwD>Ô.D»FØiÔA@ñ= (-|‹È¡zþ a¹¤`Ó •R¡ÔÎþÓñ%µ§³¢ËƒøJ84Â,6hØ—e8¸ÿ±E4}¡ÇOzÄSa0œwº¬é®xy~Ue Èì®WÙ‹ÉȽhлwJ)ÿﻎ
ŠŒ9{|àv9Cá$0Ðoó:5èhŸ‹éÿÚ~Â5¥Å“j5µåY$ETuSófŒTž/f‰ò.éççÂö¥~ÿ­’}åˆxRkû_$ªd$ZÕA¬°H+xS¶ÌÜÈÐ÷äÖR¹RtA«ITk(s¬v"8tAÿu¦¡Ž|ù¥I3›H¥{£êó;Bi¬~˜íkõ°ø×—ç_£Ž•®ÆÙÌçœNñõFÌhMJ³‹à´8V=óªZÐpŠ was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

Other error messages are pretty similar, with the same error message in clear text, but the garbled part is different. Any advice is welcome!

Hello Santtu! Welcome to the new forum.

The error message that you have provided seems to indicate that you have malware on your computer that is corrupting the installer. Either that or some other software/service is corrupting the file.
To solve this, we suggest the following procedure:

1. Perform a complete scan using Windows Defender or any other well-established antivirus.
  2. Download and install the latest version of FMS Data Manager
  3. Start the FMS Data Manager

If the above steps do not result in a successful start of the application, a system repair might be needed.

Let me know if you need any more assistance!

Regards,
Malte

Hi Malte, and thank You!

I performed a complete scan with Windows Defender and it did not detect any viruses or malware. I also installed Bitdefender Security Suite and ran a complete scan with it as well, but no viruses were detected either. I then installed FMS Data Manager and started it. I just wonder how can FMS Data Manager affect the installation of Simlink, as I have understood that they are completely separate software?

I will now monitor the situation and see if the installation of Simlink is now stable.

Thank you again for your advice!

Now the issue happened again. I actually survived a few boots, but now when I started my PC this Monday, the installation was corrupted again. However, now it even cannot reinstall again. The installer is giving this error message:

Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point ÕÒ\ÛÞÁÿ£j¢ÙrÒÉ&YÎ
‘'h?Îh3·aÞGByteArray@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library K:\Program Files\Navigraph\Simlink\Qt5Widgets.dll.

Could this be some type of path issue with Qt5Widgets? Because I recall some similar issues with Qt based programs I have encountered in my work.

Just to give update to the issue: I changed the installation location of Simlink to C: drive from the previous K: drive, where I had my MSFS installed. After this change, there has not been any issues with corrupted installation. Not sure what the root cause was, but I am happy now :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.