Simlink for m1 macs?

I noticed that the mac os version of simlink is an intel app. Since xp 12 is now silicon code is there a universal or apple silicon compatible version? The intel plug-in seems to possibly be causing crashes when I use the moving map and charts on my iPad.

Hi…,

Welcome

There were some issues with Charts iOS, now fixed with V8.23.1 as per Charts app crashes and/or freezes since 8.22.0 - #25 by skysail.

Please remove app from iPad and Install again.

Cheers
Ian

Thanks Ian. What about the sim link app not being universal code? When xplane is running native silicon I think the plugin and simlink app running under Rosetta is a problem. No?

HI @PappaMike1 ,

The current Simlink mac version is a universal version so that it can be supported on both the platform Intel and M1 chip.

Please download Simlink for Mac from the Navigraph
If you still have an issue with XP12 then please feel free to inform us.

TR,

Vishal Ahir
Navigraph

Thank you Vishalahir for your quick response, however the link in this email is broken and returns “can’t find server”. I ran into this issue before on initial installation. The simlink version that I installed from your downloads page shows running as an intel app in activity monitor and the get info window when I search for the app. I have tried this twice. You seem to have a broken link and possibly the intel version only on your downloads page.

Hi @PappaMike1 ,

The latest version of Simlink you can download it from here.

FYI:

1. Simlink application itself was not universally supported but It can run on an M1 chip.
  2. To communicate with XP12, you have to install Simlink Plugins, And Simlink plugins are supported universally, so they must support the XP12 Silicon build version.

So, when you install Simlink Plugins to the XP12, then the Simlink application can communicate with XP12 and get the flight data.

Please feel free to reply us if you still have issue with Simlink.

TR,

Vishal Ahir
Navigraph

BTW the link to the navigraph website in your recent emails was misspelled “www.navigaph” not navigraph.

_Pete

OK, do you realize that running Rosetta just to run your simlink intel app uses emulation resources and can cause a drop in frame rates? Why did you not code simlink in universal code? You do realize that someday rosetta emulation will no longer be supported on new macs and you will have to do that anyway right?

HI @PappaMike1 ,

Thank you for your input, we already plan for Simlink support to the universal platform.

If you have any issues, please feel free to inform us.

TR,

Vishal Ahir
Navigraph