Simbrief flight plans between Europe and East Asia

Can you please advise when Simbrief flight plans will reflect the banning of or discretionary avoidance of Russian air space as a result of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine?
Thank you

Hi…,

Welcome.

When creating flight plans, SimBrief and Navigraph Charts use the current AIRAC data . When this updates, I expect the flight plans will reflect changes in airspace.

Cheers
Ian

when i ask simbrief for a flight rtjj-eham it go’s over the russian fir’s and the are no fly . how can we use it in the simbrief fp?

EF/UKBV EF/UKDV EF/UKFV EF/UKLV EF/UKOV
To avoid Russian FIRs: EF/UEEE EF/UHHH EF/UHMM EF/UHPP EF/UIII EF/ULLL EF/UMKK EF/UNKL EF/UNNT EF/URRV EF/USSV EF/USTV EF/UUWV EF/UWWW

… but to be correct: This “no fly” is not a worldwide “no fly” - the airspace is still open - only specific airlines had canceled their flights/overflights …

Cheers,
Richard

Hi all,

I’ve made some updates to the Route Suggestions so that they are more likely to avoid affected FIRs by default.

It still isn’t perfect, but hopefully you should see some improvement!

Also note that sometimes if the first route suggestion doesn’t avoid the FIRs, you can find a better one by checking the other suggestions to the right of the Route field:

Best regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 13 days. New replies are no longer allowed.