Saving route to crj from Aerosoft

I know how to save route in MSFS, but how to save it for Aerosoft’s CRJ computer?
Do i need to write all route manually, or maybe is some way to save it in .flp format?

Hi,
how can you import a route-file into the Aerosoft CRJ? Can you explain it us please? Possible than we can say, which format you should use …
Thank you,
Richard

As it stands, the Aerosoft CRJ for MSFS cannot make use of a flight plan that has been created in the MSFS “globe”/flight planning screen.

I understand that Aerosoft are/will be working with Asobo, to find a way to provide this functionality, but until then, you can either enter the route directly into the CRJ’s FMS or import a .PLN file from Simbrief.

The Simbrief downloader app is able to create this PLN file and put it into the requisite folder for your installation (Steam or MS Shop), once you have done a ‘Generate OFP’ on your selected Simbrief flight plan.

Routes for crj’s FMS end with: .flp
I know that i can save it with SIMBRIEF.
But it will be nice to have possibility save them by Navigraph Charts.

ah, so they do.

either way, I’m afraid that we are going to have to wait until Aerosoft manages to implement the necessary code to allow the CRJ to read an MSFS plan.

You’d be best to keep an eye out on the Aerosoft forum for any progress in that regard.

Edit: It would appear that you can ignore more or less everything I’ve just said, as it was based on a flawed understanding of your OP.

It would appear that you are asking to be able to export a flight plan from Navigraph Charts for import into the CRJ’s FMS?

If so, I’ll leave that one for Richard to answer. :slight_smile:

:grinning: Sorry for my not so good English.
I’m subscriber of Navigraph just from yesterday.
Navigraph Charts i very usefull and intuitive, so it would be nice to have ability, to export flight plan
to CRJ’s FMS.
Aerosoft was published with their manual, how this file should look like, so i was thinking that it’ll be easy to Navigraph, to do that option.
It can be done with Simbrief, but Navigraph Charts look nicer to me. :slight_smile:

Did you know that you can create a new Charts flightplan from a Simbrief flightplan, so you could import a simbrief plan into both the aircraft and into Charts?

That would at least let you view the route in a very nice format, as well as being able to superimpose the charts onto the route.

Oh and with Simlink you could watch the progress of the flight in Charts

Hm, I thought navigraph would offer the same options like simbrief as it seems to share the same account. But after buying I realized, I cannot use navigraph the same way I used simbrief to export flight plans to the CRJ.

Hi…,

The flp format used by AS CRJ is a Navigraph Charts format being considered for inclusion in the next Charts version, currently in development.

Cheers
Ian

It’s unfortunate the 3rd party developers find the need to have proprietary/different formats for the FMS. During the FSX/P3D/XP-Plane days I have 5 flight planners to cover all my aircraft. It’s nice that SimBrief has the ability to export to most (if not all) 3rd party FMS, it would be nice for once if everyone used the same format.

Using the planner built into MSFS and having it available to any aircraft I purchase would be a wonderful thing without have to install multiple apps just to get charts, planning, etc.

Most people have no idea about using the KISS method. Why complicate things for users and save yourself some coding.

The problem is, that the current format in the MSFS is using a format from FSX times and this data are not really useful for really study level addons.

Most of the upcoming addons will not be used the MSFS navdata data and when only as a backup but with limitation due the format.

So, the MSFS addons will also follow the same way as in the FSX, P3D time.

Cheers
Richard

Sounds like the sims need to provide more data. We’ve only had these simulators since the 80’s. Figure at some point it would provide data needed for flight management. To be fair however, even with the limited data, something could be loaded internally at some point hopefully, even if it’s just point A to point B?

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

To whom it may concern: This has recently been covered by a Wishlist topic, which is our way of handling feature requests in this forum. If you would like us to implement this, feel free to leave your vote!

Kind Regards,
Malte