Flight plan export for CRJ msfs2020

Hey there, is there any news on the export topic? I would like to export from navigraph and pick up the plan in the crj.

Gabriel

Hi! Thanks for posting.

We usually do not add export formats unless there are many requests for them.
Thus, I have moved your topic to the wishlist section where other users can join you in showing their interest in this new export format!

Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Kind Regards,
Malte

Well this topic is around for a long time and a solution was promised: Saving route to crj from Aerosoft - #10 by AAN1718A Nobody was pointing to a wishlist in those days.

Simbrief supports the CRJ for a long time already. Not sure why navigraph is ignoring the aerosoft planes.

No solution was promised, it was considered. Considering the low demand, it has not been a priority so far, unfortunately!

It did not exist back then, which might explain this! I will update that thread so that anyone involved over there is made aware of the fact that they can vote for it!

Please be aware that SimBrief is a service that is dedicated to flight planning, one of the main outputs of which is a flightplan. The Charts product is more aimed towards the navigation part, and its main focus is not to export flightplans.

I hear that you want this, and I will try to make sure that others who also want this will be made aware of the existence of this topic! But we have lots of other features that are more frequently asked for by orders of magnitude, which is why it has not been made a reality yet! We are quite a small team still, and there is only so much we can do with the resources we have!

Apologies for the inconvenience! If we could, we would of course like to make everyone happy.

Kind Regards,
Malte

I get it Malte. Was just wondering why it was covered within simbrief and navigraph cannot benefit from the knowledge and implement it the same way. Navigraph is my only source of flight planning atm and I dont see benefits of simbrief once Navigraph is subscribed and paid for. However that might be my very personal scenario as I try to use as less systems as possible to get in the air.

Best
Gabriel

This should be the case, of course. The knowledge of implementing the format does exist, but it is still a chore that will take time! I will bring this up with the team next week, perhaps we could accomplish a solution where we could use Simbrief for the export instead of rewriting it ourselves…

Thanks for showing interest either way! I hope we get time to add it one way or another in the future!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Turns out… We could! The latest release includes support for all formats supported by
SimBrief!
This includes the option to export an .flp for the Aerosoft CRJ:

Enjoy!

Kind Regards,
Malte

1 Like

Malte, thank you so much for looking into this! I highly appriciate they way you deal with user requests. The whole Navigraph Team is just awesome! Navigraph Charts is now my only source of flight planning :slight_smile: Less planning, more flying.

Gabriel

1 Like