Route Errors

When checking, in Navigraph Charts, a route created in SImbrief I often see a number of errors. In correct directs or or complete airways missed out where you expect them to be used.

Using “autoroute” in Navigraph Charts usually corrects the route errors with flight-plan then having to be copied and pasted back into Simbrief.

I have a Navigraph Charts subscription which Simbrief accesses to ensure the correct database is used.

Is there a way I can avoid this problem when creating a route in Simbrief which uses the same nav data as Navigraph Charts.

Can you be more specific? We need to at least see some examples please.

Regards,

Tim

Tim

Thank you for your reply.

Examples below although I probably need to extend the query beyond errors with Simbrief but inconsistent routes created by both platforms using the same nav database.

LICA to LIMC (Simbrief Routing)

GIROV M729 AGNIS PNZ TORLI MEDAL GILIO BETEN M729 IDONA Y69 MEBUR NOBKE

LICA to LIMC (Navigraph Routing)

ARBUM M620 SOR M736 TEA L995 PEMAR M726 NIKMA Z910 LOMED L995 TZO Z982 SRN

ENBR to EDDF (Simbrief Routing)

TUXIL ZOL DANKO TUSKA RIMET T157 KERAX

ENBR to EDDF (Navigraph Routing)

TUXIL DCT ZOL P992 ELSOB N850 OHMAR DCT KERAX

LEPA to EGAA (Simbrief Routing)

DRAGO MANAK MUREL BHD STU BAKUR BUNED BEL

LEPA to EGAA (Navigraph Routing)

ESPOR L2 VNV UN861 OLOXO DCT OTOFE DCT SKESO N862 BHD N26 STU N546 BAKUR DCT ROTEV

Hi,

Currently SimBrief and Navigraph Charts do not use the same routing method, so it’s normal for them to give different results. SimBrief uses routes from a database, whereas Navigraph Charts generates routes ,mostly from scratch.

There are plans to incorporate the Navigraph Charts generator into SimBrief at some point in the future.

You should know that in the examples you posted, just because a route uses DCTs, does not mean it is somehow invalid or faulty. In fact, in your ENBR to EDDF example, the SimBrief route is “correct” according to Eurocontrol, while the Navigraph route is not.

Neither of the LICA to LIMC routes are correct according to Eurocontrol, but I’ve added a better route to SimBrief’s database now.

For LEPA to EGAA, SimBrief’s route was not very good. I’ve removed it from the database and added a better one from Eurocontrol.

Best regards,

Thank you for the reply and explanation.

That helps me understand the situation much better.

Thank you for a superb product and ongoing development.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.