Today I tried to use the popular Avitab plugin. However there were no airports listed. When I tried to fix this by linking the app to Navigraph I got the attached dialog stating that a connection was not possible because there was no valid URL. When I tried entering one it refused entry. I have inquired about this on both the Avitab and Aerobask Forums and discovered a TON of other users with the same problem. Avitab is administered by a fellow who goes by @Folko, I tried writing to him but he has disabled the link. Do you folks know anything about this and can you fix it?
The specific error I get when i try to link navigraph to Avitab is: “Error: HEAD Error: URL using bad or illegal format or missing URL”
Mac M1 Studio. OS 13.1 Ventura. Avitab v0.5.1. Navigraph Charts v8.18
A reply in 20 minutes. Incredible! And you even got the screen shots I was trying to send but could not find a way to do so. I am relieved that the adults have taken notice and are looking into this issue which, by the way, effects both XP11 and 12. I will eagerly look forward to hearing/learning about the fix. Thank you again.
just made a quick test using XP12.00b14 (I saved that before upgrading to 12.00). AviTab requests mo to link to Navigraph showin a switch to connect to the site. The switch works and I am able to log on normally on navigraph. The procedure terminates normally, with the white web page saying that I can close it and return to the simulator. As long as I return in XP, the reported error appears.
Hope this may help
I have identified (as closely as I can) that I don’t think the issue is related to Avitab.
I have deleted and relaoded that Avitab app and was asked in the usuaul way to log into my Navigraph account. Everything behaved as normal and I was informed on the screen (as normal) that I had successfully logged in and gained access to the charts sectionof Navigraph. When I opened an airport all was still normal, (giving me the number of available pages per SID, STAR etc, but when I selected the ‘airport’ option, it immediatley reverted to the ‘ERROR’ info as before.