Problem with Avitab and Navigraph 8

Today I tried to use the popular Avitab plugin. However there were no airports listed. When I tried to fix this by linking the app to Navigraph I got the attached dialog stating that a connection was not possible because there was no valid URL. When I tried entering one it refused entry. I have inquired about this on both the Avitab and Aerobask Forums and discovered a TON of other users with the same problem. Avitab is administered by a fellow who goes by @Folko, I tried writing to him but he has disabled the link. Do you folks know anything about this and can you fix it?

The specific error I get when i try to link navigraph to Avitab is: “Error: HEAD Error: URL using bad or illegal format or missing URL”

Mac M1 Studio. OS 13.1 Ventura. Avitab v0.5.1. Navigraph Charts v8.18

1 Like

Hi, after about two weeks of not flying i today updated my xp12, zibo737 and Navigraph FMS data and now i dont have any charts (see screenshot 1)

and in the providers section on the avitab menu page i get this error message: Error: HEAD error: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL (see screenshot 2)

Appreciate your help!

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for the report. We’re investigating!

Regards,

Stephen

1 Like

Stephen

A reply in 20 minutes. Incredible! And you even got the screen shots I was trying to send but could not find a way to do so. I am relieved that the adults have taken notice and are looking into this issue which, by the way, effects both XP11 and 12. I will eagerly look forward to hearing/learning about the fix. Thank you again.

Steve Haines

after updating to version 8.1.0 today 26/01/2023 AVITAB does not work this message appears
"ERROR : HEAD error : URL using bad illegal format or missing URL "

I am getting the same error after downloading the suggested update today in X Plane 12 as well

I tthught it ws something I had done trying to re-load Avitab into FF A350.
obviously not. What is weird is that the chats log-in in the FF767 is working fine…is it linked to Avitab in some way?

Hi,

As mentioned we are aware and are investigating. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Stephen

1 Like

No problem, Stephen. I was just concerned that this very useful plugin would no longer work. If you can please let me know when and what the fix is. Thanks.

Steve Haines

Is there a fix yet? still getting navigraph error: head error: url using bad/illegal format or missing url

Mike

Same here. I’m on a PC. XP-12. Zibo (latest), Navigraph full ssubscription.

hope there is an update soon and is fixed as it is completely useless for most using navigraph in VR.

Hello,
just made a quick test using XP12.00b14 (I saved that before upgrading to 12.00). AviTab requests mo to link to Navigraph showin a switch to connect to the site. The switch works and I am able to log on normally on navigraph. The procedure terminates normally, with the white web page saying that I can close it and return to the simulator. As long as I return in XP, the reported error appears.
Hope this may help

Hi,

We are able to reproduce the issue but we have not yet been able to pinpoint the error. We are actively researching the issue and will report back.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.

Regards,

Stephen

1 Like

Hi, I.m using XP11 last version and Toliss A321 and I have the same problem and same ERROR.

To give you more information

I have identified (as closely as I can) that I don’t think the issue is related to Avitab.
I have deleted and relaoded that Avitab app and was asked in the usuaul way to log into my Navigraph account. Everything behaved as normal and I was informed on the screen (as normal) that I had successfully logged in and gained access to the charts sectionof Navigraph. When I opened an airport all was still normal, (giving me the number of available pages per SID, STAR etc, but when I selected the ‘airport’ option, it immediatley reverted to the ‘ERROR’ info as before.

Hope this helps Guys.

BTW, for what it’s worth …the latest Charts Update is simply awesome…probably one of the best things to happen to XP11 in ages…Great Job

Hi there!
Same here, just right now after having downloaded the last version.

so bad you are having this problem. I thought i was alone or that i did something wrong. Hope they fix it soon.

Hi all,

Please try Avitab again now. We believe we have found and issued a fix for this problem.

We’re sorry for this downtime.

Kind regards,

Stephen

Hello Stephen,

works fine again (. GREAT JOB