Problem flight plan, KEWR to KBOS via "MERIT ROBUC3"

I’m trying to download an exceptionally simple flightplan I created with SimBrief (in fact, my workaround will be to enter it manually) for use with the FlightFactor 757-200v2. In the “Route” field in SimBrief, all it says is MERIT ROBUC3. When the file is downloaded, to KEWRKBOS.flp, the content is this:

[CoRte]
ArptDep=KEWR
ArptArr=KBOS
RwyDep=KEWR22R
RwyArr=KBOS27
STAR=ROBUC3

This makes the FMC very unhappy (and in fact, I learned why you always look at the route in the FMC, because I engaged VNAV and left the ground and somehow the airplane seemed hell bent on holding an altitude below the dirt).

What exactly is going wrong here? Is there a bug that does not allow for a route that’s really a single waypoint? ROBUC3 is indeed a KBOS STAR.

Thanks for the help. In the meanwhile, I’ll try entering the route manually as just MERIT and treating ROBUC3 as an arrival.

Hi,
I guess this ia more a question for the FF forum because Simbrief offers only the flightplan in the specific format of the addon. The logic, is not a part of the file, more with the FMC in the addon.

… this file can also be created manually, or with another tool as Simbrief. So it’s not relevant from where the file comes, more what the FMC does with it.

Sorry, please contact the FF devs to get a really professional answer and not an assumption, which doesn’t help you.

Thank you
Richard

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

What I don’t understand about this is why MERIT is not included in the actual export. Isn’t that required somehow? Even if MERIT is a transition in ROBUC3, how would the FMC know that that is a waypoint, vs. NEWES? Is that something you’re just supposed to choose as part of the arrival, and therefore there really are no actual waypoints in the route? Seeing that missing is what made me think this might actually be a data problem, not the plane.

Hi, thanks for the report.

I’ve applied a fix to the .flp format. When you have a moment, please regenerate a EWR-BOS flight and try to import it again. It should now include MERIT in the export:

[CoRte]
ArptDep=KEWR
ArptArr=KBOS
RwyDep=KEWR22R
RwyArr=KBOS27
STAR=ROBUC3
DctWpt1=MERIT
DctWpt1Coordinates=41.381950,-73.137431

Cheers,

Thanks, those are indeed the results I expected, and the behavior in the FMC is now much less weird.

What was the scope of that problem? Would it have affected any routing that only had a single waypoint that was part of a STAR, or…?

Yes, I believe it would have affected any route with a single waypoint followed by a STAR.

This format is a bit more complicated since FF basically copied the .flp format from Aerosoft’s Airbus X product. Even though they copied the format, they don’t always load it exactly the same way, which can make testing a bit more difficult.

Best regards,

1 Like