Planned Tankering

Hello

Just a quick one. When doing two (or more sectors) it would be nice if you could manually set ‘Landing Fuel’. I.e. when doing two sectors, where you tanker for the second one, it would be handy if you could run the second OFP, see the minimum required fuel(let’s say 5000kg), and then you could simply run the first OFP/sector and set landing fuel to 5000kg.

Instead of the current way to run the first OFP, note down the landing fuel, then go back, find the difference between the landing fuel(1st OFP) and minimum required(2nd OFP) and add that as additional fuel on the first sector

Hi, thanks for the feedback. A “fuel over destination” (FOD) option will be coming in the next update.

Cheers,

1 Like

Can you put that in terms of either TIME, or FUEL?

Some of our aircraft use a minimum FOD of 65 minutes; but one model uses 14000 lbs as below that value, the low fuel warning lights are illuminated regardless of the time value of that fuel.

Hi Doug, possibly. I’ll take a look and see if I can incorporate it into the next version.

Cheers,

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

An “Arrival Fuel” option has now been added in version 2.15.0:

Best regards,

Brilliant! Many thanks for your quick action.

This will be a feature used a lot, I think (at least I will)

Hello,

Before this gets closed down. I do have one question. The tankering option is available as you advised

But should the added fuel not be displayed on the navlog?

This makes fuel checks a bit hard, when you have to the manually add the additional fuel to the min req. fuel

I very much appreciate this update, I have few suggestions to add to this:

1. An option to insert the callsign and EZFW for the next sector to automatically workout the required tankering fuel (see example below).

1. An auto option for tankering based of generic/random fuel prices or even live data from skyvector for example.

2. Option to save the default taxi fuel figures.

3. Auto add ATC/WX fuel based of VATSIM/IVAO delays and predicted weather forecast.

Hi @Vatnsfjord, on the EZY layout, that fuel column in the navlog is labelled MFR (Minimum Fuel Required). It is the bare minimum at each waypoint that ensures you will still arrive with the legal alternate + reserve fuel at destination. Contingency and additional fuel can be burned at any point during the flight, and therefore are not included in the MFR column.

I understand what you mean about making fuel checks more difficult, but this is simply how EZY has chosen to indicate fuel. :slight_smile: Other layouts (such as LIDO) will show the EFOB (Estimated Fuel on Board) instead, and may be more suited to your needs.

Best regards,

@Mubarak, your requests have been noted.

For number 3, a default/fixed taxi fuel can already be saved in the airframe options.

Best regards,

Aaaaah!

Ok, that makes sense, Will try out other formats. Many thanks for your swift action and reply, much appreciated.

Vatnsfjord

This topic was automatically closed after 16 days. New replies are no longer allowed.