"no data install data" on GPS

Operating on Windows 10, X-plane 11, running a T-6A. I’m reading “no data install data” on my kln900 GPS. I am very new to this and have no idea how to load navdata. I intend to use this for military pilot training. If anyone could help me out i’d appreciate it!

Hi,
first of all, a warm welcome here in our forum :wink:

To your topic:
Please can you post a screenshot of your <xp11-root> path, to check if the initial installation is correct so far?

Thank you very much,
Richard

Hi which 3rd party T-6A addon aircraft you using?
Does it use the default X-Plane navdata? Are you using Navigraph’s FMS Data Manager or a manual install?

Is the “kln900 GPS” a addon/ pluging? or ‘real GPS’?

You sure your not using a “KLN90B”?
KLN90B-sim

Stephen (aka. cessna729).

Hi Joshua, do you have the Flite Advantage T-6A Texan II for X-Plane 11 ?

If so I found this on their Support web site:

Installing the GPS Navigation Data

The GPS uses data supplied by Navigraph. Open the zip file “KLN900Navdata.zip” and extract the

“KLN 90B Navdata” folder into the main X-Plane folder so that you have this resulting folder

structure:

• X-Plane 11\KLN900 Navdata

Note: That is what their Support web site currently says.
** I think ‘they made a typo’ as the folder in that zip is acutally called “KLN900 Navdata” and NOT “KLN 90B Navdata” as their web site says. :wink:

The current 2209 Navigraph KLN90B manual download contains this folder/file structure:
kln90b-navdata-2209

The file supplied by Flite Advantage has a slightly different folder layout and a couple of extra files:
kln900navdata

Unfortunately I don’t own a copy of the Flite Advantage T-6 addon aircraft so can’t say for sure, but would guess you could:

Back up your original KLN900 Navdata folder.
Then download the latest Navigraph 2209 update for the KLN90B and extract that into the X-Plane 11\KLN900 Navdata and allow it to overwrite the existing files, and still keep extra files: eg. ATPSUP.txt, magvar.txt, Remarks.txt, user.txt and database.txt (which aren’t present in Navigraph’s KLN90B files). But as I said thats just a guess.

The other way to do it is to just
Back up your original KLN900 Navdata folder.
Then create a new empty “X-Plane 11\KLN900 Navdata” folder, Then download the latest Navigraph 2209 update for the KLN90B and extract that into the X-Plane 11\KLN900 Navdata and then copy these files ATPSUP.txt, magvar.txt, Remarks.txt, user.txt and database.txt from the backup folder into the X-Plane 11\KLN900 Navdata Navigraph data folder. That way there would be no overwriting.

If you still have a problem I suggest, and you are using the Flite Advantage T-6 addon aircraft, that you contact them to check as their web site info is a bit unclear as to what files they actually need, the folder names and how to update the navdata.

cessna729.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.