Need help updating FMS in X plane 11

Hi X Plane 11 767 300 unable to update FMS in the airplane not sure how to up date the FMS in X Plane 11. I went through the freq asked questions but did not see the addon black arrows or the option to update

Hi Gerard,

Happy New Year.

In FMS Data Manager Settings, check you have the latest version

Otherwise download and install from FMS Data Manager.

In Settings , make sure your X-Plane 11 path is correct. This should be the folder containing x-plane.exe. Navigate to that location to be sure and press Save.

In Addon Mappings,

Select and Remove any X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 11 addons. Press Save.
Press Scan.

Please confirm you show the following :

[If you don’t have the GNS 430 line you will need to do the following:
Press +Add,

• for Please select an addon…, Choose
    X-Plane GNS430, FF757/767/777, X-Crafts Embraer E-175, Aerobask SkyView, JRollon Planes CRJ200, JARDesign A320/A330, ToLiss A319 (XP10), STMA Aircraft, Magknight 787AE*,
  • for Install into… Choose
    X-Plane 11]

Press Save

In Addon Mappings, select X-Plane 11 and X-Plane GNS430 lines and press Update. Watch the update occurring in status bar at bottom of screen.

Your X-Plane 11 and FF767 should now have the latest Navigational Data.

If not, please post the same screenshots I have posted above using Guide to posting Screenshots.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian Thank You for the quick response and happy new year!! Ian Im noticing that in the screen shot for addon mappings its in manual and not sure how to fix that … Thanks again

![IMG_0371|666x500](upload://bFsCSsvQHMDxqaakLDS1CMRyx9x.jpe g)

Hi Gerard,

I think you may have an extra level in your directory structure for X Plane 11

In your FMS Data Manager Settings, you show the path for X-Plane 11 as
D:\X PLANE 11\

In your second last screenshot you show

D:\X PLANE 11\ but without the normal X-Plane 11 structure which should look something like :

You also show D:\X PLANE 11\X-Plane 11, I wonder if in fact that is where you have X-Plane.exe ?

If I am correct, you will need to move contents of folder D:\X PLANE 11\X-Plane 11 up to folder
D:\X PLANE 11.

Once that is resolved in order for FMS Data Manager to detect the FF 767, you need to have your FF Boeing767-300ER in the X-Plane 11 \Aircraft folder :

In Addon Mappings you should be able to select and Remove and X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 11 Addons, and hopefully Scan will detect the FF 767 and add X Plane GNS430 entry.

Hopefully this will get you going.

Cheers
Ian

ok thank you i will try that in a little bit Thanks for the response .
Gerard

HI Ian,

THANK YOU IT WORKED !!!

Hi Gerard,

You are welcome. Glad it is resolved.

Happy flying

Ian

Hi Ian
I was hoping my luck had changed in getting XPLANE 12 to work but still need some help…
for xplane 12

is this the correct path? X PLANE 12 is on my desktop

are the these in need of changing for the path to be correct ?
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.