Navigraph on tablet not showing Simbrief flight plans

I’ve got navigraph on my three devices - PC, phone and tablet. PC and phone are working fine but the tablet version has some problems. I’ve been trying to download my simbrief flight plan into the charts app but it only shows me link to Simbrief website and says to create a new one. (In case, the device is Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900 and of course I’ve downloaded official app from Google Play store).

Hi,

Could you post a screenshot of how it looks please?

Stephen

Of course, here it is.

Hi,

Please check in Settings, are you using the same account in all three devices and on SimBrief (MacMack7385)?

Regards,

Stephen

Well, yes. I’ve just checked it and all 3 devices and SimBrief show the same nickname.

So, is there anything I can do to make SimBrief plan downloading work with my tablet Charts app?

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

It is strange. You should see the exact same content on the SimBrief import screen in all apps given that you use the same account.

Could you please sign in to charts.navigraph.com in Chrome on your tablet and check how that works?

Then uninstall and reinstall the app from Play and make sure you sign in to the same account as the desktop apps and SimBrief.

Regards,

Stephen

Hello. Thanks for your reply, browser version has no issue with loading simbrief flight plans but the app still unfortunetaly has the issue. Evem after reinstalling and doing whole set of things, nothing changed.

Hi,

We’ve enabled some additional logging on your account. Please restart the Android app and try it again. Also do the same on the desktop or web app again just so we can compare the behaviour on your account.

Kind regards,

Stephen

Hello, I’ve just tried to do that and it still doesn’t work on tablet. Web version works fine, along with mobile phone one, but tablet version still can’t download flightolans from simbrief, only blank field.

Hi,

Looking at the logs we see a security certificate issue with accessing SimBrief from the app. It might be related to your device running an old Android version (5.0). Could you upgrade the android version to something newer? The current version is 13.

(The minimum system requirement as listed on Navigraph is Android 11.)

Regards,

Stephen

Ah, I see. I’m afraid that unfortunetaly the android 5 version might be the lastest for my tablet (it is from ~2014 so quite old). In this case I can’t do much more. But maybe you know if I could do something alternative to bypass the issue and have access to my SimBrief flight plans from tablet?