Navigraph navdata center : no simulators detected

Good afternoon,

installed following software :

on following environment:
Windows 10 and FS9

starting up navigraph navdata center results in : no simulators detected
in log :
navigraph log.txt (15.4 KB)

Sun Nov 28 2021 12:20:23 GMT+0100 (Midden-Europese standaardtijd)
Error when retrieving symlink for C:\Users\Ruud\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat ‘C:\Users\Ruud\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe’
Error when retrieving symlink for C:\Users\Ruud\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content.xml Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat ‘C:\Users\Ruud\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator’
Error when retrieving symlink for C:\Users\Ruud\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat ‘C:\Users\Ruud\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe’

please assist

rgds
Ruud van Ruler

Hi Ruud,

Welcome.

Navigraph Navdata Center is for MSFS only , so you can use Windows to uninstall that. If you should add MSFS in the future make sure you download and use latest Navgraph Navdata Center..

For FS9 addons, you should use the Navigraph FMS Data Manager you have installed.

If you need assistance please ask.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

thanks for the update.
Do I need Navigraph Simlink ?

rgds
Ruud

Hi Ruud,

Simlink is needed for the moving map feature of Charts for FSX, P3D, X-Plane 11, MSFS.

Unfortunately Simlink is not supported for FS9/FS2004 because we use SimConnect directly and not FSUIPC.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

thnx.

I noticed I also have FS9 add-on fsnavigator running.

But with Navigraph FMS Data Manager installed do I still need FSNavigator 4.7 ?

rgds
Ruud

Hi Ruud,

FSNavigator is a separate addon and not from Navigraph.

It is a long time since I ran FSNavigator on FS9. I think it is now updated to FSTramp.

It does provide a moving map facility. The charts are not Navigraph Charts, but are derived from FS9 scenery and some navdata which can be updated using FMS Data Manager .

Note we have two broad product offerings:

1. FMS Data Manager which updates the navdata in some of your FS9 addons.

2. Navigraph Charts which provides a comprehensive Charts display and flight planning offering.

Cheers
Ian

Ian,

hope you don’t mind these questions …

so with FMS Data Manager and Navigraph Charts installed there’s no need for
FSNavigator or FSTramp!
Correct?

what about FS9 Navaid?

rgds
Ruud

FSNavigator provides a moving map (showing where you are on the map), Navigraph Charts doesn’t as I explained. So if moving map is important, then use FSNavigator.

It looks like FS9 Navaid Installer is Hervé Sors FS9 Navaid updater. Our FMS Data Manager updates FS9 addons, but not FS9 itself. So I would continue to use FS9 Navaid Installer.

Cheers
Ian

I have the same issue, even when I use MSFS2020. Could it be that MSFS2020 is installed in disk C and Navdata center in disk D?

Hello:

Was there a solution to this? I have MSFS2020 and am getting “No Simulator Detected”

Thanks,

Dave

Never mind; uninstalled and reinstalled and that seemed to solve.

Hi Ian:

I have the same issue, I have installed MSFS 2020 from Steam.

Thanks.

Fernando

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.