Navigraph Navdata Center: Login Button Not Working

TLDR; This issue has been partially tracked down, and it seems to be network-related. It went away when using a mobile hotspot, but so far I am not aware of any final solution.

In order to (hopefully) help others with the same issue I have provided my conclusion sent to @SuitedHound below.

There is an issue with your network setup ( Error: unable to verify the first certificate ). There could be many reasons for this, it is impossible for me/us to tell you the exact cause.

Basically, the error indicates that it tried and failed to verify the first certificate in a small chain of certificates. These certificates are used to encrypt your traffic, and verifying them is crucial to ensure the authenticity of both you/your request and our servers.

We have double-checked our own certificates and everything is green on our side. Your computer, or rather some software on it, is intercepting network traffic in a way that is not compatible with our security standards. A likely scenario is that some antivirus or “network security” software is adding a certificate to the chain in an attempt to make the connection more secure, crippling the security in the process :smiley:

The “Proxies” section in this post describes possible scenarios and solutions. Please have a look there and see if any of it helps!