Navigraph Data defaulting to AIRAC 2101

Richard, are you or are you not reverting to the AIRAC build code that creates the “internal” cycle_info.txt that contains the dates that 3rd party developers have been using to determine if the loaded nav data is current - whether that’s “right” or “wrong?”

While no one wanted to offend you or cause dismay of any sort, we are taking your response to the topic Wrong Cycle Data for 2307 that Navigraph is reversing the recent determination that the cycle_info.txt would no longer be provided.

I see this reversal as a wise decision and one that is best for the flight sim community as a whole, regardless of whatever the original reasons for removing the cycle_info.txt. Users, not just developers, need this file so that they can easily and conveniently determine the currency of their AIRAC data without the need to seek reference elsewhere. It’s a file and convenience that is also offered by your competitor, and one would not want to provide less than someone else - especially when the products are essentially identical. Or at least should be, given the wild and crazy complexities of ARINC 424.

As a developer and user of the data myself, I find it to be amazing that anyone can keep their course straight when it comes to current data. The only constant is change when it comes to aviation, so any time we can avoid change, it is a good thing. Stability and consistency is part of aviation safety, something we all try to embrace, whether real world pilots or desk top pilots.

Thanks for the hard work you do, and I sympathize with your situation, to be honest!

Cheers!