Native Xbox Series X MSFS moving maps support?

Hi, I will be playing MSFS on Xbox when it’s released July 27th. I was hoping to run Navigraph on my iPad and enjoy moving maps (similar to a PC set-up). I appreciate this uses Simlink on PC. Any plans to somehow support moving maps on the native Xbox version of MSFS?
Thanks!
Nick

1 Like

Nick,

As far as we know there is no support for Simconnect in MSFS for Xbox, which we require for communication with the simulator. We’ll be monitoring the state of the sim continuously, and if there are technical possibilities opening we’ll of course investigate them.

But on release day in the end of July, no unfortunately it won’t be possible to use moving maps with MSFS for Xbox.

Regards,

Stephen

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it and totally understand how hard it must be to work with a closed system. Just saw your email update. What about including Navigraph on Xbox like Navigraph Navdata Center for MSFS 2020? Even without moving maps it would be helpful to have Navigraph inside the sim.
What do you think?

Hi Nick,

Same thing there unfortunately, as it is a closed system we are not able to change the stock navdata on Xbox. We hope to be able some day, of course, but at present there are both technical and commercial aspects blocking this type of integration.

Regards,

Stephen

Gotcha. Again, thanks for responding. I’m tempted to buy Navigraph anyway so I can do some ‘off-line’ flight planning. The chart overlays are genius.
Congrats on a great product and fingers crossed Microsoft allow some form of integration in the future.

Nick

1 Like

With the chances coming to how the game runs on Xbox, are there any planes to support this?

Would Like to hear Updates aswell. Soon Xbox also Supports WASM. Is simconnect possible then?

1 Like