Modify a navigation database

Hello everyone
I would like to know if anyone knew how to add some new procedures to the navdata on FSLabs A320 .rom file.
Let me explain : some companies have company chart with like, coded visual approaches, or personalized departures. I would like to know how to open the file and add this to the .rom file.

Thanks
Eliott

Hi Eliott,
please contact for that FSLabs directly. It´s simple a legal/copyright issue and therefore, you should ask the developer if and how they can help you. Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Richard

Hi,
That’s what I dit and actually they tell me they don’t know
Maybe i could get an explanation for personal use ?

Thanks

FSLabs don´t know the format and the specifications? Strange … Possible they won´t because how do they develop/support an addon, where they don´t know the format and the specs - thats not very logical.

But again, we are not in the position to offer you any specification without the confirmation from the addon devs (thats not only for FSLabs - that´s a general rule). Sorry.

Cheers,
Richard

1 Like

Thanks
That’s what they told me
Thank you for the time you took for me :slight_smile:

… I understand the answer as it´s not “for end” user … so in gernal they know the format and the specs :wink:
But I´m with their support - it´s not so easy and very error prone for the end-user. There is no editor or similar else.

What I can offer is:
When you have the records in the ARINC424 format, we can add it in our tailored database. After that we can add these tailored data in the FSLabs output.

Cheers,
Richard

Hello Sir,

Thank you for your answer.
I think I could manage to open that :

That’s quite interesting, and I will look on this and find a software able to open that as it is just displayed.
Do you have an example of ARINC 424 file so I can send you the procedures ?
Thank you very much for your help.

Eliott

Hello Ricahrd,

I’m also intrested on this topic, so I can create EO SIDs and also a procedure for an airport that doesn’t have one. How can I edit and send you ARINC424 files?

Cheers
Joaquin

Hi Joaquin,
according the ARINC424 specification, the file is a simple text file. So you can create it with any text editor of your choice. When you are ready, please upload the file anywhere and send me a link (via PM here), where I can download the file and where I can check it.

Thank you
Richard

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.