Missing navaids for Brazil

Hi guys,

I have noted missing of some navaids for Brazil in Airac 2014.

For instance , VOR of CXI in Rio de Janeiro .

Please advise.

Thanks and regards

Künzel

Hi Künzel,
a little bit more details can be helpful - as an example: where you have noted this? On which sim? On which addon? I ask because your example CXI is available in 2014.
Cheers,
Richard

Hi Richard ,

I use FSX-Steam and Prosim 737 v.1.45 , I can hear the morse code from CXI but its symbol in ND remains grey , not green as usual and there is no indication neither VOR nor DME in left area down of ND display . Other VORs, for instace PCX , in the same area works well.

rgds

Künzel

Hi Richard, anything for me ?

rgds

Künzel

With 2101 remains the same problem.

rgds

Kunzel

Ahhh … sorry Kunzel for my late replay. I have looked into it and I have forgotten to answer you. Please excuse and thanks for the “friendly” reminder :wink:

I have again looked into the ProSim database, now with AIRAC 2101 and I have found the example VOR CXI in the ProSim database:

Type 4 is defined as VOR-DME

Why this VOR-DME is not available, I don´t know … is it possible, that this VOR-DME doesn´t exist in the FSX and therefore you don´t receive it? Again, I´m not very familar with ProSim and the technics behind but as you see, we have the VOR included in our data and this VOR is also in the ProSim database. So it must be any other reason - possible really the missing VOR in FSX?!

Sorry again for the late answer, please let us know, when you have found a solution and/or you know a solution (or also when there is no solution :-))
Richard

Kunzel, if the missing VOR is indeed an FSX issue try using Herve Sors Navaids update that will update the sims default data.

1 Like

Good point! :+1: … thanks @srcooke

Cheers,
Richard

Thanks Richard and srcooke , I will try that and will let you know of the result .

regards

Kunzel

1 Like

Kunzel, please if possible - let us know the result - would be great!
Thanks again & have a nice day,
Richard

Richard , one thing that I do not understand is that in ND appears the symbol of the that VOR station ( CXI ) in grey not green , as I said before I can only hear the morse code of the station , neither indication of DME nor station name.

rgds

Kunzel

Hi again Kunzel,
I haven´t enough experience with the ProSim so please excuse when this is wrong. But I guess, the grey-symbol means simple, that the navaid is included in the database but can´t be found in the sim. When the symbol is green, both are in sync - again that´s my personal assumption. To verify it, please ask it in the ProSim forum.

The same for the DME indicator … when the sim doesn´t include this navaid, you don´t get any feedback from the sim according the distance and therefore no DME.

All these are only assumptions Kunzel, it must not be the real answer of this - for that, please goto their forum - the guys are there the better partner to get any qualified answer. Sorry.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard and srcooke , problem solved with Navaids update , thanks guys.

best regards

Künzel

1 Like

Thanks Künzel for the feedback - good knowledge transfer in this topic! Great …
Happy flying …
Richard

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.